What's going on?

120184976-L.jpg
Best regards,
douglas

Comments

• Options
    RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2007
    Interesting. At first I thought that the reflections were of the same scene till I looked again. I had thought of trying something along the lines of a collage myself as that would seen to fit the idea of Whats going On showing a group of different things happening all at the same time.

I like this one.

I asume you did it in processing? Though I do kinda like the idea of a recess into a wall with pictures arranged like that!

RM
    http://roadrunes.com
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D
  • Options
    jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2007
    I like this idea!

I think he did it as 4 walls of photographs, but the reflections make it look like recessed walls.
  • Options
    douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2007
    Thank you RocketMan and jsedlak. This is 4 photographs stacked to form a cube, no major ps was done. Im still experimenting with the lighting, I either get the reflection of my camera and mini pod in the back photo or hotspots from my flash.
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 1, 2007
    Very interesting concept. Keep at it there is something there.
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2007
    truth wrote:
    Very interesting concept. Keep at it there is something there.

Thank you truth!
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2007
    Here is another aproach to the same concept, not sure which I like better. I think this one may fit the challenge better?

120356542-L.jpg
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2007
    Ok heres # 3. I think ive about got it, I managed to get rid of the the harsh flash spots. I set up an off camera flash placed behind me and made a gap between the frames and the mirror in the very back center of this picture. Then I place a tilted piece of styrofoam for the flash to bounce into the picture frames. Thats me taking this picture, only basic photoshop techniques used and some cleanup. All comments welcome.

120457922-L.jpg
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2007
    I really, really like the idea and prefer your most recent try. It looks a little crooked but because of the subject it doesn't bother me. Well, maybe I would try to straighten it if it were mine. I especially like the fact that even though you have explained what is going on, my mind still asks the question when I see the picture!! thumb.gifthumb Good luck in the challenge.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    lr1811lr1811 Registered Users Posts: 363 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2007
    nice!
    I like it!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2007
    Flyinggina wrote:
    I really, really like the idea and prefer your most recent try. It looks a little crooked but because of the subject it doesn't bother me. Well, maybe I would try to straighten it if it were mine. I especially like the fact that even though you have explained what is going on, my mind still asks the question when I see the picture!! thumb.gifthumb Good luck in the challenge.

Virginia

Thank you Virginia, I will probably try to tune it up a bit more and try to straiten it a little in in the process. I wonder if sense the theme is "whats going on?" if I should of tried to explain..headscratch.gif:D
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2007
    lr1811 wrote:
    I like it!!!

Thank you lr1811!
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • Options
    RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2007
    douglas wrote:
    Ok heres # 3. I think ive about got it, I managed to get rid of the the harsh flash spots. I set up an off camera flash placed behind me and made a gap between the frames and the mirror in the very back center of this picture. Then I place a tilted piece of styrofoam for the flash to bounce into the picture frames. Thats me taking this picture, only basic photoshop techniques used and some cleanup. All comments welcome.

120457922-L.jpg

Help Me, I'm Falling!!!clap.gif

I like the whole concept here, esp now knowing its not all photoshopped, not sure which version I like best though, but kool concept.

RM
    http://roadrunes.com
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D