Family Christmas

NickBullNickBull Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited January 2, 2007 in People
Just thought I would post a couple of pictures taken at Christmas.

119489605-M.jpg

This next one was the original

119489711-M.jpg

And I tried a few tweaks with Photoshop.

119489654-M.jpg

Any comments about the post-processing tweaks? I wanted them to be quite subtle and not really obvious (althought they may be obvious when viewed side by side like this). Does the last photo here look obviously "tweaked"?

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Nick

Comments

• SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2007
    Are these women related in any way? Ok so number 2 looks better than number 3. In number 2...the color looks more natural...she looks a little washed out in number 3/
  • NickBullNickBull Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2007
    Seneca wrote:
    Are these women related in any way? Ok so number 2 looks better than number 3. In number 2...the color looks more natural...she looks a little washed out in number 3/

Yes, they are related (mother and daughter). It's interesting that you say she looks washed out in number 3 because the only changes between 2 and 3 was to whiten the teeth and whites of the eyes and to use Photoshop's healing brush tool and remove a few wrinkles. There was no change to the colour, contrast or brightness.
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2007
    NickBull wrote:
    Yes, they are related (mother and daughter). It's interesting that you say she looks washed out in number 3 because the only changes between 2 and 3 was to whiten the teeth and whites of the eyes and to use Photoshop's healing brush tool and remove a few wrinkles. There was no change to the colour, contrast or brightness.

skin color btw 2 & 3 looks noticeably brighter on my monitor, too.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2007
    It looks like you did a nice job on the teeth, eyes and under-eye area. I do agree that #2's color does look a bit better, at least on my monitor. #3's skin tones seem to be lacking some color/contrast. Perhaps when the healing brush was used to blend away some wrinkles it also blended away a bit of color?

Elaine
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • NickBullNickBull Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2007
    Elaine wrote:
    It looks like you did a nice job on the teeth, eyes and under-eye area. I do agree that #2's color does look a bit better, at least on my monitor. #3's skin tones seem to be lacking some color/contrast. Perhaps when the healing brush was used to blend away some wrinkles it also blended away a bit of color?

Elaine

Yes, I guess that could be a reason for it. The don't look much different to me, but then I'm just looking at them on a laptop screen. I had them both printed at 7x5 at a photolab and couldn't notice a big difference between the colour/contrast. I'll have to have another look and look a bit more closely (I was looking more at the areas I'd touched up (eyes, teeth).

Thanks all for the comments.