Can't upload using iPhoto tool ...

MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
edited January 2, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I get an error that my computer is out of date and that I have to log in insecurely. Then the login dialogue hangs.

I'm using a G4 w/ OS X 10.3.9. Am I out of luck?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2007
    Mac Uploader is kind of 1/2 broken right now, we're sorry about that.

Use the Universal Drag and Drop, with Safari or Firefox, it works great. I just uploaded 2gigs of files today with FF and the Univ DD.
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Mac Uploader is kind of 1/2 broken right now, we're sorry about that.

Use the Universal Drag and Drop, with Safari or Firefox, it works great. I just uploaded 2gigs of files today with FF and the Univ DD.

Bummer. Being able to synch directly with iPhoto was a real selling point to me.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2007
    Bummer. Being able to synch directly with iPhoto was a real selling point to me.
    Well, we promise it won't be broken forever. You can also try the latest version, still in beta...

Use spotlight to find "com.smugmug.upload.plist" and delete it. Delete the old version of the uploader on your machine too. Download from here:
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/smug/SmugMug_Mac-2006-10-27.dmg
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Well, we promise it won't be broken forever. You can also try the latest version, still in beta...

Use spotlight to find "com.smugmug.upload.plist" and delete it. Delete the old version of the uploader on your machine too. Download from here:
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/smug/SmugMug_Mac-2006-10-27.dmg

That works. I think. I haven't uploaded anything yet, but it doesn't hang on login.

Thanks.:D