Options

13 Photographs That Changed the World

aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
edited January 4, 2007 in The Big Picture
I actually like a lot of his choices, and am slightly surprised not to see few in there.

13 important photos

What do you think? What do you add/remove from the list?

edited:
Note -- this was on digg so it might have gotten slammed if the site doesn't come up right away

Comments

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2007
    eek7.gif My all time fav shot. Saw 1st time in big size. I saw this picture in a photo book "Day in life of America" when i was 8 i use to see this picture again and again to know why it is happeing but i was too littel to understand english :cry and i did not wanted to ask dad i knew he would have hide the book,but he already removed few pictures from the book rolleyes1.gif
    murder-vietcong-saigon-police-chief-eddie-adams.jpg

these days 1st they will shoot the photographer then guy rolleyes1.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 2, 2007
    agree or disagree, that was a good read. thanks, Aktse thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    Here's what really points out the power that the supposed "objectivity" of the camera can give, and how the camera really isn't objective at all:

"What Adams’ photograph doesn’t reveal is that the man being shot was the captain of a Vietcong "revenge squad" that had executed dozens of unarmed civilians earlier the same day."

If you ask anyone over 30 about this photo, at least those who are educated, they all know it. So far, none that I ask have known that the guy being shot is, in fact, a notorious murderer.
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited January 4, 2007
    aktse wrote:
    I actually like a lot of his choices, and am slightly surprised not to see few in there.

13 important photos

What do you think? What do you add/remove from the list?

edited:
    Note -- this was on digg so it might have gotten slammed if the site doesn't come up right away

Great series of images. Most of them are iconic indeed.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin