What do you think?

vandecarrvandecarr Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
edited January 3, 2007 in People
What are your thoughts on this portrait? Ways to improve it? Things to change?

missyweb.jpg

Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• andycatandycat Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2007
    vandecarr wrote:
    What are your thoughts on this portrait? Ways to improve it? Thi

missyweb.jpg

Thanks,

Mike
    Get rid of the white building. I like the face.
  • mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2007
    Attractive lady on a cold day
    Colors are flat and the lighting can be improved. Crop as suggested above. Remove strands of hair from her face, clone out blemishes but not 'beauty marks ect'. Soften skin lines induced by glare from bright sun. Adjust color cast-possibly warm up color tone and adjust color balance. Give attention to eyes and lips-selectively- sharpen, adjust local contrast, and saturation. Adjust tonality of face with an adjustment>channels layer set to luminosity. Sharpen and control noise-Noise Ninja et al. Burn edges.

There are many diff. ways to do each of these steps and not everyone would do them in this order-though most would rec you do it all in adjustment layers.

In the field the use of a warming filter might help or a polarizing filter to increase saturation. Fill flash can be considered even in bright sunlight-it might soften the shadow around her R eye and bring out highlights in her hair~-!/3 stop adj.

Here's a quick post proc. done in PSCS2

120700082-L.jpg

If you prefer this not to be shown here or don't want your images reworked then let me know and I'll remove it.
    Mereimage