Ok Andy let me have it.....

3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
edited January 3, 2007 in SmugMug Support
decided to remove this text because I don't like to bash other companies. We are all good!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2007
    C'mere ya big lug, I've got a Smug-Hug for ya :D

OK bummer about the order you placed there, but I can still help. Seriously, how about we do your order for you, if you can upload it, I'll get it done. No charge, and we'll expedite it, too.

Just say the word.
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2007
    Amazing, Andy. Amazing. thumb.gif
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 2, 2007
    Andy wrote:

OK bummer about the order you placed there, but I can still help. Seriously, how about we do your order for you, if you can upload it, I'll get it done. No charge, and we'll expedite it, too.

Just say the word.

clap.gifclapclap.gifclapbowdown.gif
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • savannahgasavannahga Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2007
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 2, 2007
    Hey Scott,

Thanks for the insite into why you came back. I would be interested in hearing your original reasons for leaving, since you obviously emailed support about those issues.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2007
    Andy, Thanks a million but I don't want you or Smugmug to ever come close to paying for one of my mistakes :) Now that was in 2006 so I still have one free one for 2007. :D

I had already put the photos on my smugmug and ordered before sending this thread :) I'm a happy camper.

I'll look forward to being part of and remaining with SmugMug.

Scott

Andy wrote:

Just say the word.
    edited January 2, 2007
    David,

Noting on the Serious side to explain why we were going to leave. The only 2 main points that I can emphasize on are:

1. We primarily are wedding / portrait photography. The way collages.net works seemed to fit us nicely and keep our maintenance to a minimum because an album there is an event. The event last 60 days and it goes bye bye. That help us keep the slate clean and when the game was over, well it was over. That also increased the pressure on the customer to purchase before the albums went poof!

2. They (collage.net) send profits to the photographers every Friday via direct deposit. It shouldn't and really isn't a great problem with smugmug but it just seems forever before the payments come in. Not saying anything bad about smugmug at all. It's just that we are a very small studio right now and those small things like money tends to be what makes us breathe rolleyes1.gif

Aside from the minors thing (that are my issues)... there is NOTHING wrong with SmugMug.

deal.gif

devbobo wrote:
    Hey Scott,

Thanks for the insite into why you came back. I would be interested in hearing your original reasons for leaving, since you obviously emailed support about those issues.

Cheers,

David
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited January 2, 2007
    kc7dji wrote:
    Andy, Thanks a million but I don't want you or Smugmug to ever come close to paying for one of my mistakes :)
    Scott

Hiya Scott,
    I think Andy's offer was meant as a welcome back gift. Just like you'd welcome back a family member or a valued friend.

We do welcome you back and at Andy's behest we have voided the charges on your last 2 orders. When the lab opens in the morning we will instruct them to expedite these orders.

Who loves ya baby? wings.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited January 2, 2007
    Hiya Scott,
    I think Andy's offer was meant as a welcome back gift. Just like you'd welcome back a family member or a valued friend.

We do welcome you back and at Andy's behest we have voided the charges on your last 2 orders. When the lab opens in the morning we will instruct them to expedite these orders.

Steve

Woo hoo more clap.gifclapclap.gif

I think it goes without saying, we "love" our customers :)
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
    edited January 2, 2007
    Dang Steve.... I was dreading giving Andy a big KISS.... Now I have to dread giving you and Andy a big Kiss... rolleyes1.gif

Well I'm practically speechless. All I can say is a huge thank you to both of you and everyone here.

I'll go mend my wounds and Dance cause I'm back! wings.gif :ivar

Scott
    3rd Planet Photography

Hiya Scott,

Steve
    edited January 2, 2007
    kc7dji wrote:
    Dang Steve.... I was dreading giving Andy a big KISS.... Now I have to dread giving you and Andy a big Kiss... rolleyes1.gif

Well I'm practically speechless. All I can say is a huge thank you to both of you and everyone here.

I'll go mend my wounds and Dance cause I'm back! wings.gif :ivar

Scott
    3rd Planet Photography

By the way, welcome back :) Meant to say that earlier!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2007
    kc7dji wrote:
    2. They (collage.net) send profits to the photographers every Friday via direct deposit. It shouldn't and really isn't a great problem with smugmug but it just seems forever before the payments come in. Not saying anything bad about smugmug at all. It's just that we are a very small studio right now and those small things like money tends to be what makes us breathe rolleyes1.gif

Welcome back! :)

Just so you know, the only reason we take a little longer to get your cash to you is that it's taking a massive amount of time to write and mail all of those checks.

We're actively looking into ways to automate the process with electronic transfers, so it's definitely on our radar, but no promises on if or when anything will happen.

Glad to see a member of the family return home. :)

Don
    edited January 3, 2007
    Thanks onethumb.... I know we'll ge there!

onethumb wrote:
    Welcome back! :)

Just so you know, the only reason we take a little longer to get your cash to you is that it's taking a massive amount of time to write and mail all of those checks.

We're actively looking into ways to automate the process with electronic transfers, so it's definitely on our radar, but no promises on if or when anything will happen.

Glad to see a member of the family return home. :)

Don
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited January 3, 2007
    Scott,
    Man those folks at EZ Prints are fast. clap.gif Before I could get to them this morning they had already shipped one of your orders and the other has processed and will ship later today.

They must have seen this thread....Laughing.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited January 3, 2007
    Steve,

I seen that. First thing this morning I had an email waiting ... a few hours later the second one came across. Well Kudos to you, Andy, and EZPrints :ivar

Maybe my customers will allow me to keep living.

Scott,
    Man those folks at EZ Prints are fast. clap.gif Before I could get to them this morning they had already shipped one of your orders and the other has processed and will ship later today.

They must have seen this thread....Laughing.gif

Steve
    edited January 3, 2007
    :D Well thank you Barb
    Barb wrote:
    By the way, welcome back :) Meant to say that earlier!