First few photos with Peleng 8mm

Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
edited January 4, 2007 in Holy Macro
Nothing special, just playing with my new Peleng 8mm fisheye lens. What a fun toy!

Here's my entire backyard, I have 2 versions, uncropped and cropped. Here's the uncropped.

120626368-L.jpg

And here's the cropped

120626491-L.jpg

And just for fun, a little self portrait. Unfortunately the lighting in my room is horrible, so I raised the ISO to 1600.

120693328-L.jpg
-Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited January 3, 2007
    Pretty cool!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited January 3, 2007
    So it works with a Canon, eh? Cool! How well does the adaptor fit?

Oh, just in case you don't want too much fisheye effect from the lens, the PTLens plug-in has a nice fisheye to rectilinear mode.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2007
    The adapter can be a bit tricky to get on and off sometimes. It's actually screwed onto the lens itself via little tiny screws on the side. It took me a few tries to get the hang of getting the lens on and off of the camera without much trouble.

And thank you for the suggestion with the plug-in. I knew there was a plug-in but I couldn't find the name of it!
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2007
    very cool loved the crop version and self portrait clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    Red Bull wrote:
    Nothing special, just playing with my new Peleng 8mm fisheye lens. What a fun toy!

Here's my entire backyard, I have 2 versions, uncropped and cropped. Here's the uncropped.
    And here's the cropped
    And just for fun, a little self portrait. Unfortunately the lighting in my room is horrible, so I raised the ISO to 1600.

Wow thats pretty neat Steven ....... you can fit in heaps in a single shot.
    I like the cropped version #2.

Hope you post some more Steven these look great clap.gif .. Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin