Show me one 2007 shot (1/1/2007 only)

TheFoodTravellerTheFoodTraveller Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited January 4, 2007 in Holy Macro
Just for fun. I will start .... something shot on 1st morning, which makes not much sense :ivar

120779552-M-1.jpg

Happy New Year
Francesco P.
http://www.thefoodtraveller.com

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2007
    nice photo
    no shot from 1-1-07
    happy new year
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2007
    That is a cool shot!

Here is what I have from the first. I have been doing mostly wildlife lately.

Downy Woodpecker in harsh light.
    blackandwhitebird7a.jpg
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2007
    Needs explanation...
    This doesn't really look like much of a photo, so I'll explain what's going on.

Ed and I were really amazed to see so many people at the coast on New Year's Day. On our street cars were parked all over the place. I guess someone was having a get together. We went down to the harbor... and again was amazed at the number of people, the amount of traffic -- did the fact that it was almost warm have anything to do with it? (this is Northern California, our warm and cold is different from someone back east in the north) after a really nasty long cold spell (cold is anything under 50 degrees F).

Also we were aware that things seemed a little odd, people were driving a little stranger than usual -- we decided that inland people must have decided to celebrate their day off by coming to the coast. An excellent way to start the new year.

Well, back to the photo. This is the north end of this small beach. To the left is the ocean, to the right the main highway through town. This area was set up for tourists (small scale, small town atmosphere) with a group of hotels and some shops. Hey... we have our own Segway store!!!

This dirt path leads to a sudden drop to Caldera Creek. You can see the man in the middle has started down the drop. The man next to him is photographing something or someone (this is a popular place for photographers as there's a clear shot of the sunset). The blonde woman is walking her dog. The dog has probably caught sight of the mallard ducks that reside among the reeds, or else the dog discovered the resident skunks.

Because the dog is on a leash (good dog walker!!!) the gray cat on the left is sitting on the rock in the open. The cat (one of several that hang out) is waiting for the cat lady to come and leave some food in a special semi-protected place under the rocks.

Toward the left of the photo on top is a man who has forded the creek and walked up on a trail. If he continues he will climb up to the top of the excavated quarry. The view is very nice up there, but I've never made the trip up there. The man in jeans (slightly blurred) is coming back down from the climb up and he will then cross the creek and come up on the path.

There's a group of friends enjoying each other's company, and a lone woman contemplating the sunset and the ocean.

In a nutshell this is the attraction of this area. I'm missing a bike rider, and a couple with a baby stroller, and the normal usage would be complete.

Normally, there aren't this many people on this path or in this area at one time, and that's what made this shot so special to me. It tells a story of New Year's Day at "my" beach.

120793439-M.jpg
  • TheFoodTravellerTheFoodTraveller Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited January 3, 2007
    Dee ...
    No wonder you were suprised! I haven't seen even a dog in the streets on the 1st here, imagine if I would see all these people!!!
    I guess here everybody was sleeping and all pets (dogs & cats) were still hidden scared by the fireworks.

Cheers and best wishes for 2007.
    Francesco P.
    http://www.thefoodtraveller.com
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2007
    nye in vegas anyone?
    jan1%280%29.jpgever wonder how they clean up the las vegas strip after nye?:

jan1+%282%29.jpgjan1%20%282%29.jpg

w/ dozens and dozens of street sweepers lol
  • riz_satriz_sat Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    took many photoz on 1/1/07
    my photography is not good
    so sorry for that!

face.jpg

Mosque at sea shore
    Pictureu178.jpg

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=50608

taken from my car