Any idea on how long it takes

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited January 5, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I had to have a friend transfer her domain service to Joker.com from her previous service... (huge cost issues)... any idea how long this takes to kick in???

Comments

• Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2007
    I had to have a friend transfer her domain service to Joker.com from her previous service... (huge cost issues)... any idea how long this takes to kick in???
    I think something like 24 hours. Maybe 48 for world-wide if I remember correctly. It's pretty fast.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2007
    Mike Lane wrote:
    I think something like 24 hours. Maybe 48 for world-wide if I remember correctly. It's pretty fast.
    Thanks. She filled in the transfer info at Joker on Sat. It said she was to get an e-mail asking for transfer permission, but has not received it yet... maybe the holiday has slowed it down... I guess I'll contact Joker for her...
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2007
    I've done these for myself and many clients. You can hurry things a long a whole bunch by using the phone instead of e-mail.

A real human at the losing registrar can instantly e-mail you the code...then you do your part (while they're still on the phone). Then the real human can release the domain. Then you call the gaining registrar - they can immediately receive the domain.

I've done all of the above in less than 15 minutes - but sometimes it's taken as long as an hour if the people don't really know what they're doing.

The only thing you have to wait for is all of the major DNS servers to update (which can take different amounts of time for people in different parts of the country and with different ISPs).

Good luck
    edited January 5, 2007
    Anyone know how to contact Joker.com directly (not by e-mail)ne_nau.gif. It's been a week and I have got no responce. I'm getting more than a bit frustrated. I only ask this here since SM recommends them. So I recommended them to my friend...
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2007
    Anyone know how to contact Joker.com directly (not by e-mail)ne_nau.gif. It's been a week and I have got no responce. I'm getting more than a bit frustrated. I only ask this here since SM recommends them. So I recommended them to my friend...
    we only like them, we've no special contact methods, sorry
    edited January 5, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    we only like them, we've no special contact methods, sorry
    I just wondered if you knew of a contact method that I was missing...
    Any idea if they ever answer e-mail inquiries?
    edited January 5, 2007
    I just wondered if you knew of a contact method that I was missing...
    Any idea if they ever answer e-mail inquiries?
    Anthony, I have no idea or control over them, Sorry.
    edited January 5, 2007
    Anthony, we love to help you, we really do.

But I have to say this. EVERY question asked on Dgrin gets an answer. When you ask unneeded questions, I have to answer it. And that takes my time away from you, or other posters. I'm sorry but the last question you asked was unneeded. Please respect our time and limited energy, ok?

Thanks so much.

And I really mean it, we want to help and answer reasonable questions.
    edited January 5, 2007
    No need to reply as this is not a question... I just thought that since you (at SM) deal w/ all knids of internet busines you may have info that could aid me.
    See, no question mark, not a question...