Landscape advice please

TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
edited January 3, 2007 in Cameras
Hi everyone,

After posting my panoramas over the christmas new year period I have had quite a few enquiries about prints which I am over the moon about. What has surprised me is the request for specific panos.

My question is will the 5D be a good camera for use for landscapes? i.e. is it feasable to assume that a larger print can be obtained from the 12 megapixels. Currently I use a 30D but I chose that due to my sport shooting commitments.

T.I.A.
Cheers
David Clifford

Comments

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited January 3, 2007
    Since a pano is a composite of multiple images, the number of pixels is not limited by the sensor of the camera, but by the number of individual frames composited.

Hence, you should be able to get equally good images with either body. Some folks may want to discusss pixel density, but the real factor is the totalnumber of pixels and that is up to you the shooter, isn't it??

If you need an excuse to purchase a 5D for landscape panos, by all means, you definitely need to have a 5D over a 30D for a truly professional pano...... I hope you can see my tongue stuck firmly into my cheek.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2007
    Thanks Pathfinder,

I was thinking along the same lines but as usual got myself confused (not hard to do these days).
    Cheers
    David Clifford