Banjo Player

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited January 4, 2007 in People
Banjo-Player-IMG_20070104_5685.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=14ed4d07473f2db0b929d582ea0d45a1
This banjo player set himself up right at the entry of Coles opposite the Sydney Town Hall. I admired how his big hands handled the instrument with biggest of ease and obvious virtuosity. Banjo is not a typical basking instrument and it was nice to see and hear something different.

Comments

• asylumxlasylumxl Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    brilliant, love the composure and B&W conversion, and the way you add a little story to each photo you post, really brings everything into context.
    "If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happen if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" (Steven Wright)
    gear.LIST
    Canon EOS 350D, Canon EF-S 18-55mm, Tamron, 55-200mm, Canon EF 50MM MKII
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    I don't see a money cup...does he do it just for the love of it? I always give to people who are playing an instruments out in the streets.
  • kreskres Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    I love these street shots you do. Grade A. thumb.gif

Question: Are you getting releases for these folks? If so, what is your approach?
    --Kres
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    If you look at the banjo cover you can see some money there ;-)
    Seneca wrote:
    I don't see a money cup...does he do it just for the love of it? I always give to people who are playing an instruments out in the streets.
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    Thank you.

I do not get any releases as these are only required for commercial use of photography. (In fact if I wanted to sell this image that is not considered commercial use.) I have no such intention for these photographs. I do often ask for OK to photograph and leave a business card so people with access to the Internet can view their own photos.
    kres wrote:
    I love these street shots you do. Grade A. thumb.gif

Question: Are you getting releases for these folks? If so, what is your approach?