Canon EOS Beginner's FAQ

fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited September 13, 2006 in Cameras
I just ran across an outstanding FAQ for Canon EOS cameras and lenses on photonotes.org. While it's specifically targeted at Canon products, much of the information pertains to other brands as well.

The FAQ is split into three parts: General (which is better - Canon or Nikon), Cameras (choosing a camera and functions/controls), and Lenses (types of lenses and features).

Photonotes.org also has an excellent Flash Photography with EOS Cameras article as well.
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited September 10, 2006
    Canon flash resource
    Bump for this. I was doing some research on Canon flash units and came across the same site. The flash information is outstanding.
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2006
    I've seen that one referenced several times. AFAIK it's the best one on the web.
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2006
    That's on my favorite lists as of now. Excellent Resource !!!!!
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2006
    I think we could have avoided a certain long thread a few weeks ago if I'd found this first.:D
  • I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2006
    fish wrote:
    I just ran across an outstanding FAQ for Canon EOS cameras and lenses on photonotes.org. While it's specifically targeted at Canon products, much of the information pertains to other brands as well.

The FAQ is split into three parts: General (which is better - Canon or Nikon), Cameras (choosing a camera and functions/controls), and Lenses (types of lenses and features).

Photonotes.org also has an excellent Flash Photography with EOS Cameras article as well.

wow that IS outstanding!thumb.gif
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..