RSS feed not available

TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
edited January 4, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Just thinking out loud here. I noticed that the 'RSS' feed button is not appearing on 'private' galleries. Is this done on purpose by SM? I was considering the following scenario..

-Purchase a RSS enabled digital frame from PhotoVu.
-Set up a private gallery of images that will be used to display images on the frame. These would match the frame resolution and aspect ratio, and be organized for specific digital frame users.
-Update the gallery as new images become available, thus changing those displayed on the frame.

Is there a better approach to what I am envisioning?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    TomaS wrote:
    Just thinking out loud here. I noticed that the 'RSS' feed button is not appearing on 'private' galleries. Is this done on purpose by SM? I was considering the following scenario..

-Purchase a RSS enabled digital frame from PhotoVu.
    -Set up a private gallery of images that will be used to display images on the frame. These would match the frame resolution and aspect ratio, and be organized for specific digital frame users.
    -Update the gallery as new images become available, thus changing those displayed on the frame.

Is there a better approach to what I am envisioning?

Feeds only work from Public galleries, sorry. http://www.smugmug.com/help/rss-atom-feeds
  • TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Feeds only work from Public galleries, sorry. http://www.smugmug.com/help/rss-atom-feeds

The help pages do not mention a distinction between public and private galleries. Is it a technical problem, or just one of logical implementaion that I am not getting? I would think that a private gallery could allow feeds, becasue only those poeple that have the link (or the owner) can get to it anyway. For my purposes, I would rather the galleries intended for the frame not be public, but I guess it is not a show stopper if that is not possible.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    TomaS wrote:
    The help pages do not mention a distinction between public and private galleries. Is it a technical problem, or just one of logical implementaion that I am not getting? I would think that a private gallery could allow feeds, becasue only those poeple that have the link (or the owner) can get to it anyway. For my purposes, I would rather the galleries intended for the frame not be public, but I guess it is not a show stopper if that is not possible.
    we'll be more clear on the help page, thanks for that suggestion :D