Is this allowed?

dmcreationsdmcreations Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited January 4, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I'm hoping someone can help me with this question. I'm wanting to clarify my understanding of what kind of usage is allowed with my galleries at SmugMug. For example, if someone wants me to take photos of their house so they can sell it, am I allowed to host those photos in a SM gallery for them? There would be no prints ordered or anything like that, and it would commercial in nature. They would then advertize their home, and provide a link to my SM gallery for potential buyers to view the pictures. I don't see how SM would benefit from this type of usage, but want to know if it is within the terms of use. I read through some of the terms of use page, but didn't unerstand some of the legalese. Thanks for your feedback.
Warren
Digital Multimedia Creations
www.digital-multimedia-creations.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    I'm hoping someone can help me with this question. I'm wanting to clarify my understanding of what kind of usage is allowed with my galleries at SmugMug. For example, if someone wants me to take photos of their house so they can sell it, am I allowed to host those photos in a SM gallery for them? There would be no prints ordered or anything like that, and it would commercial in nature. They would then advertize their home, and provide a link to my SM gallery for potential buyers to view the pictures. I don't see how SM would benefit from this type of usage, but want to know if it is within the terms of use. I read through some of the terms of use page, but didn't unerstand some of the legalese. Thanks for your feedback.
    Sure it's allowed :D Go for it!
  • dmcreationsdmcreations Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    Sweet. Thanks for your response, Andy.
    Warren
    Digital Multimedia Creations
    www.digital-multimedia-creations.com