CH-81-even in the dead of winter.....

RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
edited January 5, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Life still goes on...
from day 4 of my Picture A Day series taken today
white-plant-1-web.jpg

RM
http://roadrunes.com
"It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D

Comments

• Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    I like this take on the theme. Nice photo too.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2007
    RocketMan wrote:
    Life still goes on...
    from day 4 of my Picture A Day series taken today

RM

This is really beautiful and unique!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    This is really beautiful and unique!

Thanks! I tried to keep in mind the rule of thrids and think having the "flower" (which is actually a thistle) offset really does work well. Can't decide whether to use this one or the Washington Monument shot in the fog for the challenage.
    http://roadrunes.com
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2007
    RocketMan wrote:
    Thanks! I tried to keep in mind the rule of thrids and think having the "flower" (which is actually a thistle) offset really does work well. Can't decide whether to use this one or the Washington Monument shot in the fog for the challenage.

I really like this shot the more I look at it. I also think the WM is well done. As for an entry, I think the WM is very timely, while it's not an aesthetically striking image as this one, it was executed very well, and IMO fits the challenge better.

If the flags weren't at half mast for Ford's death, it might be more of a tossup.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2007
    I think either picture would have a good chance of making it into the top 10 - the Washington Monument because of the timeliness of the photo and the thistle because the photograph is beautiful. There is no way I can assess how the community will respond - or the judges for that matter, though Urbanities' response may be a good indicator. Go with what your gut tells you - or simply with the one you like best. Good luck.

Virginia

Email