New twist on the make a 2nd copy issue

BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
edited January 5, 2007 in SmugMug Support
So in the recent past many of us were having problems getting the 2nd copy to show up without making another copy. Well tonight, I wanted to copy a photo to a private gallery so I could download the original, so I selected make 2nd copy. Using Firefox in Windows XP it was taking a very long time for the make 2nd copy request to complete loading the web page... I just left it alone and opened a new browser and discovered that I had 2 "processing image" thumbnails and 2 copies of the image I started with. When Firefox timed out (did not receive a completed page from the server) I ended up with 4 copies plus the 1 original.

I have move one copy to my original gallery and deleted the extra copies, however I just wanted to post here to share my rather interesting experience.
Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2007
    Thanks for posting.
    Can't replicate, but if you can or do, let us know
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Thanks for posting.
    Can't replicate, but if you can or do, let us know

I haven't tried again, however it happened at right about 11pm PST Thursday night. I at first thought Smugmug had gone done for regular weekly maintenance but then after waiting a few minutes I opened another browser and noticed smugmug was still up. Perhaps there was some kind of maintenance hiccup that caused it. ne_nau.gif
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug