Salute to the Crowd

HannyHanny Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited February 8, 2007 in Sports
The classiest team in hockey continuing the tradition they began last season... and one that should be adopted league-wide.

"The Salute to the Crowd."

119965651-L.jpg

Exif

Lemme know what you think. :):D

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited January 6, 2007
    Great sentiment and I agree with you 110%. Us fans should be saluted after each game thumb.gifthumb.gif

Anyhow, you need to use levels to correct the color and exposure of the shot. Too dark and the ice looks yellower than it should. Something closer to this.

original.jpg

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • HannyHanny Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    Wow, that's great!

I was gonna ask how you did it, but I just tried "Auto Levels" in Photoshop, and it did it.

Unfortunately, that's not working for a few of the other pics I'd like to fix.

Here's one of my cousin I took that night. I can reduce the red levels a bit, but I can't figure out how to get the ice the right color. (I'm useless with Photoshop. All I really know how to do is auto levels.)

119963868-M.jpg
  • com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    Hanny wrote:
    Unfortunately, that's not working for a few of the other pics I'd like to fix.

the WB was so far off to begin with, it'd be hard to REALLY fix it unless you went into serious hax mode....
  • controldcontrold Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    You're in tough from the get go here - I was in MSG last year for my first hockey game and couldn't believe how bad the lighting was... your originals capture it perfectly. The whole place glows yellow/orange/red.

- Mike
    http://mikeapted.smugmug.com/

Canon 30D | 10D
    Canon 10-22 | 28-135 f3.5-5.6 | 70-200 f4L | 100-400 f4-5.6L
    Canon Speedlight 580EX
    Kenko Extension Tubes