Moorilla Hobart Womans Tennis International 2007

TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
edited January 7, 2007 in Sports
These shots were taken on the opening day of qualifying. This event runs until next friday so hopefully I will have my sh!t together by then. This year we have the added draw card of Serena Williams. I am surposed to be back there today, but looking out the door at the rain I am doubting too much tennis is going to be played.

Enough dribble here are the shots.

121135581-M.jpg

121135618-M.jpg

121135891-M.jpg

All shots taken with 30D and Sigma 50-500.
Cheers
David Clifford

Comments

• Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2007
    Hi Dave,

great shots. I really like the 1st oneclap.gif Man, I miss tennis - playing and watching. But too much other stuff (and a bum knee to boot) to do now.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007
    Frog Lady wrote:
    Hi Dave,

great shots. I really like the 1st oneclap.gif Man, I miss tennis - playing and watching. But too much other stuff (and a bum knee to boot) to do now.

C.

Thanks Colleen,

Here is hoping you get out to watch some more Tennis. I am at the event until next Friday, so I will probably be posting a couple more.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007
    TassieD wrote:
    These shots were taken on the opening day of qualifying. This event runs until next friday so hopefully I will have my sh!t together by then. This year we have the added draw card of Serena Williams. I am surposed to be back there today, but looking out the door at the rain I am doubting too much tennis is going to be played.

Enough dribble here are the shots.
    All shots taken with 30D and Sigma 50-500.

Nice work David, I love the expressions on their faces as they put all their might into hitting that ball clap.gif .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    Nice shots but but for me with that lens you have got too much depth of field, don't you have the 400mmF5.6 that meant to be super sharp
    this maybe of interest to you, but you may be a member already
    http://www.prosportsshooter.com.au/index.htm