Making a movie

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited January 6, 2007 in People
Making-a-film-IMG_20070104_5696.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=14ed4d07473f2db0b929d582ea0d45a1
I notice more and more film makers in the streets of Sydney. These people are using entry level or high end professional cameras and are obviously very dedicated to their art. It is interesting that in a stark contrast to photography the average person in the crowd is totally oblivious to film makers but often question photographers. Doesn't anyone know what YouTube is?

Click on the photo or the link to see larger image and EXIF information.

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007

I notice more and more film makers in the streets of Sydney. These people are using entry level or high end professional cameras and are obviously very dedicated to their art. It is interesting that in a stark contrast to photography the average person in the crowd is totally oblivious to film makers but often question photographers. Doesn't anyone know what YouTube is?

Click on the photo or the link to see larger image and EXIF information.

You know Ted its kind of like the Privacy Act ....... that Act is a joke, and has way too many grey areas, it was written by someone who has no clue how it gets implimented in different areas of society.

Sure I believe in peoples privacy, but not when someone's life is put at risk.
    The Privacy Act needs a complete overhaul, and asked for input as to it's impact on certain fields such as Medical, and Law Inforcement.

Okay....... I've stopped ranting now.... hmmmm I feel much better rolleyes1.gif
    ..... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • asylumxlasylumxl Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited January 6, 2007
    Looks like a Sony FX1 maybe, great camera. We use Canon XM2s, they are quite nice.

Great photo anyway :D.
    "If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happen if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" (Steven Wright)
    gear.LIST
    Canon EOS 350D, Canon EF-S 18-55mm, Tamron, 55-200mm, Canon EF 50MM MKII
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007
    I hope you are familiar with this site: http://www.4020.net/unposed/photorights.shtml It deals with a lot of issues related to photography and privacy (note: this is relevant to Aussies only)

In general the law is similar to that of US and in majority is very sensible. Problem is so few people are aware of it.
    Skippy wrote:
    You know Ted its kind of like the Privacy Act ....... that Act is a joke, and has way too many grey areas, it was written by someone who has no clue how it gets implimented in different areas of society.

Sure I believe in peoples privacy, but not when someone's life is put at risk.
    The Privacy Act needs a complete overhaul, and asked for input as to it's impact on certain fields such as Medical, and Law Inforcement.

Okay....... I've stopped ranting now.... hmmmm I feel much better rolleyes1.gif
    ..... Skippy
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007
    Not sure what camera was it but it certainly was not your average tourist video-cam. I wish I could have taken a wider shot showing him amongst the crowd. Firstly I had the wrong lens on and secondly the crowd where this photo was taken is substantial and moving all the time thus getting a clean shot is next to impossible.

asylumxl wrote:
    Looks like a Sony FX1 maybe, great camera. We use Canon XM2s, they are quite nice.

Great photo anyway :D.