Options

Challenge 29 wxwax

wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
edited January 10, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have my suspicions, but I'll keep mum.

13911919-L.jpg

13911601-L.jpg
Sid.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    I have my suspicions, but I'll keep mum.

I love it...clap.gif I think I like the black and white best... if thats what you are asking.. great idea and great shot...clap.gif
  • Options
    aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2005
    Yeah, I definately like the monochrome shot the best. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2005
    Thanks lynn. I have another suspicion, but I'm keeping mum. If no-one else mentions it, I'm sure not!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2005
    Hey Waxey...
    wxwax wrote:
    Thanks lynn. I have another suspicion, but I'm keeping mum. If no-one else mentions it, I'm sure not!

That's a great shot! It looks like you're looking over his shoulder as he's shaving though. I see a shadow of a form on the right. If that's a second person we're seeing in the mirror then is it "first person"?
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2005
    snapapple wrote:
    That's a great shot! It looks like you're looking over his shoulder as he's shaving though. I see a shadow of a form on the right. If that's a second person we're seeing in the mirror then is it "first person"?

Ah, the fly in the ointment. Actually, it's all the same person. Me. :D

Another version.

13916912-L.jpg
    Sid.
  • Options
    Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2005
    Sid,

Great Idea but.....maybe you could have your other arm extended out and holding a handheld mirror.

Rather than having yourself blurred in the forground. I feel more like i am looking over your shoulder than looking thru your eyes.

Good idea just needs a bit of tweaking.
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2005
    Sid,

Great Idea but.....maybe you could have your other arm extended out and holding a handheld mirror.

Rather than having yourself blurred in the forground. I feel more like i am looking over your should than looking thru your eyes.

Good idea just needs a bit of tweaking.
    Thanks Tom, I think you're right. I don't have a hand-held mirror, but I'll try to get rid of the body tomorrow. I've been worried that it disqualified the shot from being first person.
    Sid.
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Thanks Tom, I think you're right. I don't have a hand-held mirror, but I'll try to get rid of the body tomorrow. I've been worried that it disqualified the shot from being first person.

Hmmm. What if you set your camera up and stood in front of it as if it was a mirror. Stare straight into the lens and shave. Maybe you don't want a blade in that razor. mwink.gif Don't know if would work or not. Don't want to damage that handsome face. :D
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2005
    :sweet You sweetie, don't forget, I have the power to only show my one good angle!

I've decided to keep a small portion of the body in the shot. I'm waiting for the latest images to open up, then I'll pick one.
    Sid.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    :sweet You sweetie, don't forget, I have the power to only show my one good angle!

I've decided to keep a small portion of the body in the shot. I'm waiting for the latest images to open up, then I'll pick one.
    Sid, I have been looking at your avatar for months. I really don't think that is you in the photograph.

Can't be. Too young for one thing. Too straight arrow, etc...... are you going to ruin my misconceptions.

Is there anyway the avatar man could do the shaving?

gingerheadscratch.gif
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    hiya waxy wave.gif Nice idea and execution. My only comment is to lose the logo on the shirt (slight distraction) and your left ear seems to be causing a blur on your left eye (that's sounds weird, doesn't it?)

the question is...can you beat a cat turd? lol3.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Sid, I have been looking at your avatar for months. I really don't think that is you in the photograph.

his avatar is a drawing, ginger. headscratch.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2005
    fish wrote:
    hiya waxy wave.gif Nice idea and execution. My only comment is to lose the logo on the shirt (slight distraction) and your left ear seems to be causing a blur on your left eye (that's sounds weird, doesn't it?)

the question is...can you beat a cat turd? lol3.gif
    lol3.gif Thanks Fish. I'm about to upload a shot that doesn't cover the eye. Thanks for catching that, you're right, it's a distraction.

Ginger, I'm not that young. As for straight arrow... never judge a book by its cover. ;evil
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2005
    The ear obstruction is gone, the logo's darker. Here are two treatments.

13967828-L.jpg

13965899-L.jpg
    Sid.
  • Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    Good stuff.
    I hate shaving.
  • Options
    muddykneesmuddyknees Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    How do you keep your shirt dry?
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2005
    muddyknees wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif That was just for the photo!
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2005
    muddyknees wrote:
    The fleece jacket protects it. :)
  • Options
    muddykneesmuddyknees Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2005
    Actually I too was fully expecting to see a shark-tooth-brushing first-person from your photo-avatar.

fish wrote:
    his avatar is a drawing, ginger. headscratch.gif