Digital Photography in Available Light--Review

DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
edited June 18, 2007 in Technique
Ian408 has written up a very nice review of this book, here.
Moderator Emeritus
Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2007
    Ian, I bought a slew of books, this being one of them.

So far I'm 38 pages in, and yes, there's a lot of fantastic basic information for beginners. So far, I would have to agree that this could be the one book that is the best introduction to digital photography. It's clear and concise.

The title of the book is misleading, IMO, as it makes it seem like the book is about lighting. It's about everything.

So, I'm not a beginner. Has this book been useful? Well, I'm of the mind that review is always good, so there's benefit there. But i've also picked up a lot of interesting details in things I thought I already understood pretty fully.

And that's just 38 easy to read (sometimes skim) pages.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:
    Ian, I bought a slew of books, this being one of them.

So far I'm 38 pages in, and yes, there's a lot of fantastic basic information for beginners. So far, I would have to agree that this could be the one book that is the best introduction to digital photography. It's clear and concise.

The title of the book is misleading, IMO, as it makes it seem like the book is about lighting. It's about everything.

So, I'm not a beginner. Has this book been useful? Well, I'm of the mind that review is always good, so there's benefit there. But i've also picked up a lot of interesting details in things I thought I already understood pretty fully.

And that's just 38 easy to read (sometimes skim) pages.

Thanks. Being a newbie, I've been looking for a decent basic book like this.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography