Major Challenge!!

kathynmegkathynmeg Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited January 6, 2007 in People
OK here is the original picture with NO edits! I thought the lighting from the window was going to produce enough of what I needed but I could not fix the original version of this picture. It is probably my lack of experience in photoshop but anyway I decided to convert the picture to b&w and do some other tweaking....what do you all think? This is my daughter Megan.

Original:

121370838-L.jpg

B&W

121300224-L.jpg

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007
    kathynmeg wrote:
    OK here is the original picture. I thought the lighting from the window was going to produce enough of what I needed but I could not fix the original version of this picture. It is probably my lack of experience in photoshop but anyway I decided to convert the picture to b&w and do some other tweaking....what do you all think? This is my daughter Megan.

Your original is green and lacks pop. Is this more of what you wanted to see?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • kathynmegkathynmeg Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited January 6, 2007
    Yes that is very nice but really I was looking for even more pop and sharper color. When I could not get that, because I like the picture itself, I converted it to the B&W.

Thanks so much for taking a stab at it David!wings.gif
  • gpphotosgpphotos Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007
    you might try for a reshoot, since its your daughter it shouldnt be too tough to reproduce this. what settings did you use?
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:
    Your original is green and lacks pop. Is this more of what you wanted to see?

david, awesome job on the touchup! that really pops!

kathy, nice picture!