Options

All right, getting closer!

Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
edited January 8, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I hope I'm not being one of those annoying nit-picking kinda guys and I know you have bigger fish to fry, but I just wanted to first say thanks for adding the new show | hide buttons for logged in viewing. However I'd like to make a further suggestion, an improvement. What I had in mind when I initially emailed help@smugmug was the ability to remain logged in but view your gallery as if you were logged out... Meaning that not only could we view our main gallery without the smugmug news stuff, but also when viewing galleries and images, there would be no "add photo" etc. options at the top and no <<Photo tools>> at the bottom. And of course you could help a client order photos in your studio without smugmug automatically entering your own billing info, among other things. So what I'm thinking about is virtually a way to log out without logging out. What you'd have is an extra link somewhere, like next to the initial link that takes you to the main page, such as:

13918996-O.jpg
(NOTE: except, still reading "logout" at the bottom!)
13918997-O.jpg
(I added the alleged link to the left. The parenthetical link would also remain when viewing someone elses smugmug, but would disappear altogether if I actually do log out, which is kinda like the "your photos" link, except that most everyone has their own headers...)

Like I said this is such a minor quibble when I know you're hard at work doing the important stuff. But I'm just throwing this out there for others to agree/disagree with. Cheers!

-matt-
My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum