together-

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited January 7, 2007 in People
121453373-L.jpg

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007
    George, I like this better than just about anything I've seen you post. It is such an emotionally charged shot and the lighting and processing are wonderful. thumb.gif
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007
    This is one of better black and white photos ever posted here. The light is just fantastic. I'd love to know what your work flow was for this conversion.
  • Dramatapix®Dramatapix® Registered Users Posts: 430 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007
    This is one of better black and white photos ever posted here. The light is just fantastic. I'd love to know what your work flow was for this conversion.

Just goes to show how subjective this art form is.
    My Gear: D200, D80, 50 f/1.4, 28-75 f/2.8, 55-200 f/4-5.6, 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, (4) White Lightning Ultra 1200's, SB600, (2) Lightspheres, 17" Macbook Pro, 24" Apple Imac, Thinkpad T42, Epson R-260, PSCS2, Adobe Lightroom, Apple Aperture, PS Elements 4
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,077 moderator
    edited January 6, 2007
    George,

This is such a bittersweet image. Dark and moody, but sensitive, caring and hopeful. I really do love the little "touches" that add detail and dimension. Overall, a very simple photograph, but so much detail that I want to explore and stay my gaze longer to enjoy.

Very well done!

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007
    I really like it as well. As Ziggy said, it makes you want to stay and look longer.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007
    ziggy53 wrote:
    George,

This is such a bittersweet image. Dark and moody, but sensitive, caring and hopeful. I really do love the little "touches" that add detail and dimension. Overall, a very simple photograph, but so much detail that I want to explore and stay my gaze longer to enjoy.

Very well done!

ziggy53
    Thats my thoughts as well...superb work mate. Inspirational thumb.gif
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2007
    Ohhh my goshhhh what a beautiful and sexy shot. I love the way he is holding her face. Beautiful absolutely beautiful clap.gif
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    I actually agree with you - it is very subjective. And since it is my opinion it counts the most ;-) At least to 2 people the photographer who took the photo and to me.

All our comments are subjective otherwise photography would be science not art.
    Just goes to show how subjective this art form is.
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    i agree with a lot of what's already been said. i really like this photo, you did an excellent job!thumb.gif the emotion and b/w conversion are great. i could go on about what i like, but instead i will give my two minor nitpicks.

the bright spot at the base of his thumb doesn't fit in, i find it very distracting. my eye focuses on it. maybe you wanted it bright and i'm not understanding it?headscratch.gif

the other thing is less important: the line of light under his eye is a bit distracting to me and doesn't flow with the rest of the picture.

i hope these help! (sorry for being a party pooper)
  • christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    Fantastic, well done
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

http://christulk.smugmug.com

'alot' is two words "a_______lot":D
  • frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    beautifull, I love the lightingclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • LilleGLilleG Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    Wonderful image. Tender and sexy. B&W works extremely well for this image.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    This qualifies for my OMG Award (for whatever that's worth :D) and I don't give it out often. I love the tenderness, the sensuality, the mystry (I don't know what's going on around them - it's all black), the almost raw emotion.

It's a tender and private moment, captured. He's loving her, and she just loving it!

Wow!thumb.gif
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 7, 2007
    thanks everyone for the kind comments-

binghott-

thanks much for commenting and you're right about the light on the hand and the face-

used available light from the window and then had to add some light to the face via the omni light from the lighting effects from ps-

the hand was really bright at first but I should've caught what you observed-

I need to learn to look at my photos with a little bit more of a critical eye-
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    This qualifies for my OMG Award (for whatever that's worth :D) and I don't give it out often. I love the tenderness, the sensuality, the mystry (I don't know what's going on around them - it's all black), the almost raw emotion.

It's a tender and private moment, captured. He's loving her, and she just loving it!

Wow!thumb.gif

Scott that was beautifully said...I felt the same way when I saw this pic. Gave me goosebumps. iloveyou.gif
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,077 moderator
    edited January 7, 2007
    gefillmore wrote:
    thanks everyone for the kind comments-

binghott-

thanks much for commenting and you're right about the light on the hand and the face-

used available light from the window and then had to add some light to the face via the omni light from the lighting effects from ps-

the hand was really bright at first but I should've caught what you observed-

I need to learn to look at my photos with a little bit more of a critical eye-

Actually, I love those splashes of light, and I think without them the eye is not drawn into the image and directed around the image.

Understand that I don't like similar things on "every" image, they often don't work and do nothing but distract, but I like how they work here.

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • kingmamaof2kingmamaof2 Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    Wow! Thats about all I can say.thumb.gif Thanks for sharing this!
  • jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    oh my!!

I simply love it!!! clap.gifthumb.gif