Dim Sum Meet!

jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
edited January 7, 2007 in People
A couple of BMW friends and I met up in Wayne, NJ today to have a dim sum meet. Was awesome fun and got these two pictures out of my camera of people... My white balance was incorrectly set, and the first shot is directed towards the sun... but I like them.

dimsum_002.jpg

dimsum_008.jpg

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    I'm expecting bigger bellies than that for a dim sum event! :eat
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    Ok I was going to ask what a dim sum was...but I think I have an idea now that wxwax gave me a hint.
  • jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    Seneca wrote:
    Ok I was going to ask what a dim sum was...but I think I have an idea now that wxwax gave me a hint.

According to Wikipedia...
    "Dim sum is a Chinese light meal or brunch served with Chinese Tea."

Basically it is a Chinese lunch / meal but is a little different in that the waiters/waitresses walk by with carts of food and you ask for what you want. No ordering or anything. There were like 10 of us, so we sat at a big table with a round lazy susan in the middle to keep the food on. Definately lots of fun!
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    O I C yes I've been to one of those before - in Chicago. Yes I remember the waitress coming by with the cart of food...and I was like..."What's that...?"...and my husband would say "I don't know...just tell'em you want it."...and waaalaaa it was on our table.

Ok didn't know the term. Thanks for explaining the term...and re-reminding me that yes it was lots of fun eating that way.
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    Are those 5series in the background, yum yum. I like the second one, nice expression and it shows the cars.
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
    edited January 7, 2007
    Are those 5series in the background, yum yum. I like the second one, nice expression and it shows the cars.

Yep! E39s... mostly 540s with MTec kits because the engines did not have vanos units (variable valve timing). The silver 5s are kept extremely clean all the time, one was just repainted actually.

dimsum_003.jpg
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    Dreamcar= M5

My sister boyfriends boss just got the 07 or 06 M5 which he tuned pass 600 horses or something like that and slapped a body kit on top of it.

But then again he is the owner of arizona auto werks so I am sure he gets some sorta deal.

www.azwerks.com
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
    edited January 7, 2007
    Dreamcar= M5

My sister boyfriends boss just got the 07 or 06 M5 which he tuned pass 600 horses or something like that and slapped a body kit on top of it.

But then again he is the owner of arizona auto werks so I am sure he gets some sorta deal.

www.azwerks.com

:drool:

One more... I LOVE the creamy bokeh of the 24-105L, really pops out the subject imo.

dimsum_011.jpg