C&C Requested

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited January 7, 2007 in Holy Macro
I have processed this pretty much the way I want, and the results are what I was looking for. I printed it up on Fine Art Velvet, and gave the print to my friend Rose for her Birthday, and while she loves it, (really the most important thing :D ), what do the rest of you think about this treatment?

Sometimes I need to see through your eyes.

Thanks,

Sam

Comments

• GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    Just my 2 cents. ne_nau.gif

Looks pretty bright and maybe the pink washed from it a bit?

Maybe a lil sharper....unless you intended it soft?
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    loved it softness is fine here littel bright but no big problem clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    Sam wrote:
    I have processed this pretty much the way I want, and the results are what I was looking for. I printed it up on Fine Art Velvet, and gave the print to my friend Rose for her Birthday, and while she loves it, (really the most important thing :D ), what do the rest of you think about this treatment?

Thanks,
    Sam

Gosh Sam that would have looked real nice printed on Velvet.
    How big did you print the image??
    Shots for showing us on the web are nothing like the original, the original is always much more detailed and nicer :D I really like it Sam ....... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Gosh Sam that would have looked real nice printed on Velvet.
    How big did you print the image??
    Shots for showing us on the web are nothing like the original, the original is always much more detailed and nicer :D I really like it Sam ....... Skippy

Thanks Skippy,

The print is not as bright as the image here on Digital Grin, but the softness is pretty close, and that was my intent. I printed it out at 12" X 12". I have a box of 13 X 19 Canon Fine Art Enhanced Velvet, and based on the aspect ratio this size worked out well. I can print it out later at a larger size if I want.

Sam
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    Sam wrote:

Thanks,

Sam

Sam what size did you print for her...just curious.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    Seneca wrote:
    Sam what size did you print for her...just curious.

The print was 12" X 12" I used my last mat, and foam core so the best I could do on that was 15" X 15" outside dimensions. I would have liked 18 " X 18" outside better, but I didn't have any material left large enough, and I didn't know how, (I still don't) to alter the space time continumm, so I did the best I could with what I had.

Sam