Options

Crop Error in Proof Delayed Order

urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
edited January 15, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Customer order: #231278

Customer ordered 3 5x7s, 4 wallets and a 4x6 of image. She cropped it herself, but then I uploaded a corrected, cropped image in proof delay. When she received the prints the image was not the updated image (called christmaseve103FIX), but it also was drastically different than her crop. What did I do wrong here, and how can I get the correct prints to client?

Thanks

lynne
Canon 5D MkI
50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2007
    I'll fix it immediately, which image, specifically, is the one I should watch the crop on? I'll dupe the order, replace the prints, and send it off tonight to the lab.

Then we'll talk about how it happens :D
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2007
    NVM it's the woman in red sweater holding baby, I got it.

Standby.
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2007
    OK Lynn,

I just replaced those shots no worries. And I got the crops correct. I expedited the shipping (no add'l charge) and of course, there's no cost for any of this, to you or your customer, it's all part of the SmugMug Guarantee:
    http://www.smugmug.com/prints/our-guarantee.mg

It's order #235397 please tell your customer to be on the look out for it later this week.

You and your customer will see emails about this order -- that's just me, reordering it :)
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2007
    So, the reason? You just have to pay attention to the crops in your Pro Order Screen, when you reuploaded new sizes, the chosen crops no longer matched :)
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    So, the reason? You just have to pay attention to the crops in your Pro Order Screen, when you reuploaded new sizes, the chosen crops no longer matched :)
    Wow, thanks Andy, that was fast!!! I didn't expect a reply until Monday a.m. clap.gifclapclap.gif I went to their house today to do their formal newborn shoot, and she showed me the (quite funny) erroneous prints. It was nice to be confident enough to assure her, without having contacted anyone at smugmug, that she would have new prints shipped to her very shortly. That's a great vendor relationship!

I'm pretty confused about how the final product happened. The red sweater portion was almost completely cropped out of the fix, but the end product was about 80% sweater.

At any rate, in thefuture, could I have undone the crop, THEN uploaded a new image? Or am I stuck with the crop....which I thought was the whole reason behind proof delay.

Also, I never saw a preview of the new combination. The filename showed me I had successfully replaced the image, but the old one was what I saw.

Want to get it right!

Thanks againAndy for your ever impressive response time.

lynne
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2007
    Just got the email, it says its a proof order(implying my approval is needed), but I'm assuming you've already approved behind the scenes?

Its service recovery like this that builds the most diehard loyalists!!!!!!!

Kudos to the leaders of smugmug for creating such a progressive business model.
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    Just got the email, it says its a proof order(implying my approval is needed), but I'm assuming you've already approved behind the scenes?
    Yep.
    Its service recovery like this that builds the most diehard loyalists!!!!!!!

Kudos to the leaders of smugmug for creating such a progressive business model.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    edited January 15, 2007
    UPDATE

Andy--

got this email today

Lynne- need some help... I hate to bother you with this, but I got the second set of pictures and they do not appear to have been edited or cropped at all. They look like the original pictures from the web. Normally I wouldn't worry about it too much.. but I had several pics in that order. I think 3 sheets of wallets and 3 5x7's and a couple of other small ones. Help??

Not sure what went wrong with the re-run Andy. Let me know what I should do on my end.

Lynne
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    edited January 15, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    UPDATE

Andy--

got this email today

Lynne- need some help... I hate to bother you with this, but I got the second set of pictures and they do not appear to have been edited or cropped at all. They look like the original pictures from the web. Normally I wouldn't worry about it too much.. but I had several pics in that order. I think 3 sheets of wallets and 3 5x7's and a couple of other small ones. Help??

Not sure what went wrong with the re-run Andy. Let me know what I should do on my end.

Lynne
    Hi, you should send me an email, ATTN: Andy to our help desk. I am traveling today and tomorrow (tues) but I'll have it sorted by mid-day Wednesday at the latest. Pls send email with the order #s again, I promise we'll get to the bottom of things and make you and your customer happy.

Thanks!