Options

PC Memory

seawolf66seawolf66 Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited January 14, 2007 in Digital Darkroom
If any of you are think or looking for more PC memory , I suggest you look at the Tiger Direct.com ,I just got 1gb pc3200 ddr for after rebate 79.99 abd a 1/2gb for 29.99 after rebate? Good luck and look for those with rebates on them Ultra is one of them!:ivar
seawolf66-

“the farther back we look the farther forward we see.”—A. Theodore Kachel
http://www.lauren-macintosh.com

Comments

• Options
    cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2007
    Just an FYI as Tigerdirect is notoriously hideous in fulfilling rebates. Good prices tho.....
    ====My Gear=====
    Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
    17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • Options
    hgernhardtjrhgernhardtjr Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2007
    cwphotos wrote:
    Just an FYI as Tigerdirect is notoriously hideous in fulfilling rebates. Good prices tho.....

When did you last try for a rebate from them? Years ago, what you say had some truth in it ... today, however, I routinely receive my rebates in just a few weeks, usually in 4 or less.

If you keep the copies and follow the proactive steps they ask you to, they even provide you recourse and a gaurantee you will receive the rebate if you encounter problems but have followed their directions (however I have never had to go that route so cannot verify that personally).

Moreover, the one time I received a defective product (one of several Ultra external HD cases), I had the replacement in my hands two days later and received the rebates in 2 weeks that time.

TigerDirect works well for me, personally, the college I order tons of stuff for, and those of my IT students who place orders with them.thumb.gif
    — Henry —
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • Options
    steveLsteveL Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2007
    rebates...
    I use their e-rebate thing and get the check in about 7 days. It is a small price to pay.
  • Options
    03FatBoy03FatBoy Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited January 13, 2007
    cwphotos wrote:
    I second that.:nono

I had to fight like made to get my rebate from their rebate company onrebate.com for a 37" LCD I purchased at tiger. I will not buy from them again if it involves a rebate.

If you care, here are a few tips I use to make sure I get my rebate. I had to use these with onrebate/tiger. I always take digital pictures of every piece of paperwork, barcode, envelope, address and keep them in a file on my computer. That way, if they say that I didn't inlcude this or that I send them the photos saying "look, it's right here in the envelope that I sent to you. If you got the other stuff, you got what yer missing". Document/scan everything into your computer. I've need to use things like this for more than one rebate in order to get MY money.
    Jamie Ward - working on my dad's website
    www.charlesawardphotography.com
    cward.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Lyle CLyle C Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited January 14, 2007
    I am currently in a battle with TigerDirect trying to get a $50 rebate that has been approved since last July. Be careful buying from them. I will think twice the next time.