ch 29 muddyknees' attempts

muddykneesmuddyknees Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
edited January 9, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK, not much time left for feedback I know, but here are some posibilities (and maybe I'll still have a chance to re-work some of them later today)

#1. muddy walking
13931948-L.jpg

#2. stream crossing
13931939-L-1.jpg

Well, this second one is problematic - I should have framed a bit lower and to the right - maybe I'll try again later today.

Gary

Comments

• muddykneesmuddyknees Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    Here are a few more earlier attempts that would need more work

#3. laptop recursion
    13935371-L.jpg

#4. waterfall walking

13661830-L.jpg
    edited January 9, 2005
    And some more:

#5. cataract rocking
    13661915-L.jpg

#6. muddy lunch
    13651668-L.jpg
  • NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    Muddy,

Who gets to wash your jeans? :lol

My favorite is #3. laptop recursion. The recursion adds a special unique effect. It's almost perfect, but I notice the difference between the topmost hand position and that of the recursing photos. I actually like the hand position in the recursing photos more - coming out of the bottom right corner as opposed to centered in the top most layer.

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    Muddy you look like my kinda hiker... I get filthy in the woods and love it..

I like the laptop shot but because I can relate to it I love the muddy lunch shot. I would tone it up a little tho... it's a tad drab on my screen.. The lunch tells a story for me.. sitting in the woods after a long hike and just munching and listening and watching..sigh.. I must away now to the snowy woods here..:D
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    Yeah, I agree. I definately like the laptop shot, however I think the muddy lunch is more of a "first person" story telling shot. I wonder if you brought up the saturation or something if it would make the shot a little more vivid. Regardless, nice job.
    edited January 9, 2005
    My trusty machine is churning away at them right now. As soon as they're in the dryer I'll be off again, this time with my laptop along hoping to redo the recursion with a fresh pair of jeans and a woodsey scene as backdrop rather than the tabletop and map. I'll take a last look here for any other suggestions before I'm off. Thanks.

Gary
    Nir wrote:
    Muddy,

Who gets to wash your jeans? :lol

My favorite is #3. laptop recursion. The recursion adds a special unique effect. It's almost perfect, but I notice the difference between the topmost hand position and that of the recursing photos. I actually like the hand position in the recursing photos more - coming out of the bottom right corner as opposed to centered in the top most layer.
  • RogerRoger Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    muddyknees wrote:
    My trusty machine is churning away at them right now. As soon as they're in the dryer I'll be off again, this time with my laptop along hoping to redo the recursion with a fresh pair of jeans and a woodsey scene as backdrop rather than the tabletop and map. I'll take a last look here for any other suggestions before I'm off. Thanks.

Gary
    Gary, I do prefer the first pic where the muddy jeans certainly add a lot to the atmosphere. The composition is quite natural and brilliant!

Roger
    edited January 9, 2005
    OK, here is my redo of the recursive laptop:
    13980195-L.jpg

As soon as I get it to the desktop with real monitor, I'll probably find I have a lot of work left to do. (Might even decide to go with one of the alternatives.
    muddyknees wrote:

Gary
    edited January 9, 2005
    Lynne, I took another lunch for you mwink.gif
    13981726-L.jpg

There is another one with a fern on my left knee but somehow it detracts. I thing I like this one (but I'm still just looking at it from my laptop - I may see differently from my monitor.

lynnma wrote:
    Muddy you look like my kinda hiker... I get filthy in the woods and love it..

I like the laptop shot but because I can relate to it I love the muddy lunch shot. I would tone it up a little tho... it's a tad drab on my screen.. The lunch tells a story for me.. sitting in the woods after a long hike and just munching and listening and watching..sigh.. I must away now to the snowy woods here..:D
    edited January 9, 2005
    I actually liked that first one best as well - but maybe just because there were flas with all the others. I did make another attempt at the stream-crossing one - this one came out a little better I think but Its still not perfect in my eyes - don't really like the rock on the left - what do you think?

13981733-L-1.jpg

Roger wrote:
    Gary, I do prefer the first pic where the muddy jeans certainly add a lot to the atmosphere. The composition is quite natural and brilliant!

Roger
  • RogerRoger Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    muddyknees wrote:
    I actually liked that first one best as well - but maybe just because there were flas with all the others. I did make another attempt at the stream-crossing one - this one came out a little better I think but Its still not perfect in my eyes - don't really like the rock on the left - what do you think?
    On the first one, although you are standing still, it gives us an unique feeling of motion, so I still like it best.

Roger