Anahiem Supercross - A1

Aaron BernardAaron Bernard Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
edited February 14, 2007 in Sports
One shot I like from first round of supercross @ Anaheim. I dont know who this rider is but I like his style.
takeoff.jpg

Comments

• JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2007
    Cool shot, but I have no idea who he is either. ne_nau.gif I subscribed to the Speed Channel a day late, didn't see A-1 live....bummer. I saw the edited version Sunday. Go figure, Stewart won....get used to that.

I found him! It's Kyle Cunningham (622) of Yamaha of Troy!
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Aaron BernardAaron Bernard Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2007
    Ahhh, Kyle from Yamaha of Troy. That makes sense! This was shot during practice. He was on the gas for sure.

As for the season... I know, if Stewart keeps it on two wheels the real racing will be for third place.
    edited January 8, 2007
    I usually make it to Indy and Millville....I'll have to see how this year goes. For now, I'm jealous.
  • j-boj-bo Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2007
    I like it!!!

I'll be going to Houston SX in Feb. Can't wait.wings.gif This will be my 1st when I have a real camera and lens too... no point and shoot this time. :D

So what is ya'lls basic shooting techniques? Do ya'll bring ya'lls camera backpack in? or?? Does the arena say anything when you try to bring in a pro-type camera/lens/backpack? I'll shoot with the 70-200 2.8 and I have a 430EX to use too. Any settings headscratch.gif help would be mucho appreciado!

I, of course, will be there for the practice sessions so I can get up close and personal with the camera and won't be able to shoot from my official seats come race time as we like it up high.

Thanks!
  • CharlaCharla Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2007
    It's Supercross season! wings.gif I don't have a local race to go to but I'm excited anyway :D

Stewart keeping it on two wheels is always the big question. Reed may just have a chance at this one if he doesn't, since RC is out of the way.

Speed Channel is about the only reason I don't drop my whole satelite service (other than the 24/7 cartoons for the kiddos :D ) Sorry to hear you missed the live show Jeffro. You might be able to catch it as a PPV on speedtv.com if you're interested.

This is a cool shot. How close to the track were you able to get?
    edited January 12, 2007
    I fear this thread may have just been Superjacked! :D

I wish the announcers on Speed were just a little bit better...they seem to get lost from time to time.

CBS is going to carry a bunch of races this year too.....7, I beleive. My cable company kind of raped me to get Speed. "You have to have this, to get this, blah blah blah." I did it anyway....I'm a sucker I guess...lol3.gif
    edited January 12, 2007
    Jeffro wrote:
    I fear this thread may have just been Superjacked! :D

I wish the announcers on Speed were just a little bit better...they seem to get lost from time to time.

CBS is going to carry a bunch of races this year too.....7, I beleive. My cable company kind of raped me to get Speed. "You have to have this, to get this, blah blah blah." I did it anyway....I'm a sucker I guess...lol3.gif

Ah you are a sucker! Speed isn't a premium channel if you have Directv :D I agree about the commentary, Ralph Shaheen is pretty much a tool and Jeff "Fro" Emig (Hey any relation???) is still so green at the whole announcing business. Almost makes you want to say "Gee, I really miss Cameron Steele..." Ha! notice I said almost? Well, at least Erin Bates is hot... (that's what my husband thinks anyway mwink.gif )

Regardless of the commentary I'm happy to see Supercross is going big time with Live & Network coverage. Very, very cool.

Much apologies for the hijack FastScan!
    edited January 13, 2007
    I just read that Grant Langston (Team Yamaha) is out 4-6 races with a broken collar bone. Those Yamaha guys need to take it easy in practice.
    edited January 13, 2007
    No problem on the Hijack! I'll talk supercross anyday!

BTW, I was in the stands taking this shot during practice. This jump was right next to the seats, maybe 40 feet away so shooting with the 80-200 was just right.

Until I get on the floor practice is the best time to get shots from the seats. You can roam around quite a bit on the 1st and 3rd base lines to capture the action.

I saw langston was out today also. bummer!
    edited January 13, 2007
    FastScan wrote:
    BTW, I was in the stands taking this shot during practice. This jump was right next to the seats, maybe 40 feet away so shooting with the 80-200 was just right.

Here is shot of the GOAT, that I took in 2005 at Indy. This was taken from my seat! :D (At 80mm)

122973391-L.jpg

It was taken with my Digital Rebel...it was pre-20D for me.
    Here's how I shot it: http://leiningerphotos.smugmug.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=122973391

It was my first attempt at shooting SX with the Rebel. I tried all kinds of things. With flash, without. I didn't go any higher that ISO 400, and I shot straight jpg. If I were to do it again, I'd shoot RAW.

I finally watched the "SX Lites" (hate that name) from A-1 tonight. I saw Kyle (remember the photo at the start of this thread?) crashed. He was in 11th when he went down. But hey, he got TV time.
    edited January 14, 2007
    Jeffro wrote:
    Here is shot of the GOAT, that I took in 2005 at Indy. This was taken from my seat! :D (At 80mm)

Ok, if you got that shot at 80mm you must have had some pretty sweet seats!

Man, all my favorite riders are having a heck of a start to this season. Reed, Langston, & Tedesco all injured :cry
  • xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2007
    Real nice shot Fastscan, Good panning and DOF and Blur. Its all there. Also good shot jeffro. i am jealous that i dont have cable or satalite but I have a time keeping up with the local riders at there events.mwink.gif
    xtnomad :wink
    edited January 15, 2007
    Charla wrote:
    Ok, if you got that shot at 80mm you must have had some pretty sweet seats!

I was 6 rows from the track. Here is a link to a new thread of mine... http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=51505 sharing some shots from season past.
    edited January 28, 2007
    Well Ricky made an appearance this weekend, and got a couple of gifts, one from Chad Reed and one from James Stewart, who both crashed. RC left the track, but didn't go down, which enabled him to take the win.

I couldn't believe he was actually getting arm pump at the end of the race...what's up with that?ne_nau.gif

I think Reed will actually be able to give Stewart a challenge...which is a good thing, otherwise the season will get boring real fast.

I'm not liking what I'm seeing with Kevin Windham (K-DUB). K-Dub looks as if he is just riding for a paycheck, and not willing to risk anything. If he keeps riding like that, this will be his last SuperCross season. It really saddens me to see him ride that way.

And what's the deal with the Lites class (hate that name) not being shown on TV for like 2 weeks or more...ne_nau.gif ? That is so wrong!
    edited January 29, 2007
    Jeffro wrote:
    Well Ricky made an appearance this weekend, and got a couple of gifts, one from Chad Reed and one from James Stewart, who both crashed. RC left the track, but didn't go down, which enabled him to take the win.

I couldn't believe he was actually getting arm pump at the end of the race...what's up with that?ne_nau.gif

I think Reed will actually be able to give Stewart a challenge...which is a good thing, otherwise the season will get boring real fast.

I'm not liking what I'm seeing with Kevin Windham (K-DUB). K-Dub looks as if he is just riding for a paycheck, and not willing to risk anything. If he keeps riding like that, this will be his last SuperCross season. It really saddens me to see him ride that way.

And what's the deal with the Lites class (hate that name) not being shown on TV for like 2 weeks or more...ne_nau.gif ? That is so wrong!

Oh man I was cheering for Reed while he was leading. RC and Stewart were looking so squirrely at the beginning of the race. Then when Reed threw it away I groaned "Ohhhh Nooooo!" :cry

Well at least this weeks race was exciting, last week was a real snoozer. Stewart running away with every race isn't hardly worth watching.

I totally agree about Windham. He has so much talent but seems to lack the drive that the other guys have. It is sad to see him barely breaking into the top ten when he should be fighting for a podium spot. Seems that the Supercross/Motocross schedule is just too much for him. I think he'd do much better if he just raced Motocross but his sponsors probably wouldn't be too happy about that.
    edited January 31, 2007
    FastScan wrote:
    takeoff.jpg
    Here's a tid bit on Kyle that I found on RacerX, just think we were trying to figure out who he was a few weeks ago....now he's getting TV time...saw him crash at Frisco, and now a report on RacerX.

http://www.racerxill.com/breakingnews/article/2278/kyle-cunningham-update.aspx
    edited January 31, 2007
    Bummer about Kyle! He will be back.

I'll be heading to A3 to see if Chad has something for Stewart this weekend. I think he might, you never know.

Im a huge k-dub and honda fan so Im bummed to see how both have been doing. At least Honda had Way up front but now he has been smacked with the fuel issue. At any rate I thought this was going to be a boring season but last weekend in SF proved that to be wrong. You never know what is going to happen. Remember Stewart when down in the main event at A1. Of cource he still won but I think right now he is the one that will keep himself out of the winnner circle.
    edited February 11, 2007
    FastScan wrote:
    Im a huge k-dub and honda fan so Im bummed to see how both have been doing.

You had to be happy with K-Dub's start in Houston. He acutally looked like he cared! Even with that start it was obvious that Bubba was going to be the one to beat, posting sub 50 second laps, while nobody else was.

It wasn't a bad race to watch, at least it wasn't a Bubba holeshot, check out and win race. Watching him pass the others like they aren't there is kind of fun.

Who has pictures from Houston?ne_nau.gif
    edited February 14, 2007
    Yeah, that was pretty cool to see k-dub riding like he had a pair. Real bummer he had a bobble and didnt make the podium. maybe that will be some fire for this weekend. Couldnt beleve it took Chad so long to get by those guys!
    edited February 14, 2007
    Who has pictures from Houston?

Didn't see my thread? ne_nau.gif

I thought us MX'ers stuck together... hmmm.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=484571#post484571
    edited February 14, 2007
    j-bo wrote:
    Didn't see my thread? ne_nau.gif

I thought us MX'ers stuck together... hmmm.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=484571#post484571

I asked before you posted.....:D
    edited February 14, 2007
    well dang... who looks at what date a post is made? 11doh.gif