Preventing link back from forums

2»

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2007
    EcoJam wrote:
    Some great discussions about smugmug features.

Given all the great info, I think simply linking with "hide owner" provides enough trouble for a casual snoop (thats probably unfamliar with smugmug) to not link back and browse all my other galleries.

It would be tough to prevent those with some technical savvy from finding the other galleries from a forum link, but this might work for the average forum reader. Think so, some minimun hurdle?

so a link like this:

88085012-Th.jpg

Hi Eco,

Yes, that works just fine. The most people can do, is get back to the gallery, but then they are stuck. No way of finding out who it belongs to. thumb.gif
    edited January 11, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    Because external linking to a password protected is allowed without supplying the password (something I don't think should be, but that's the way it works today)
    It's not. It probably shows for you because the image is cached by your browser.
    edited January 11, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    The gallery comments, not here. You have comments on that gallery that
    links to your homepage.
    Al
    But that's not the account this image is coming from :D
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2007
    Cool, passwords block direct linking now
    ivar wrote:
    It's not. It probably shows for you because the image is cached by your browser.

Hmm. It does now appear that you can't external link to something in a password protected gallery. I guess this was fixed at some point because I think it used to be a problem. Glad passwords protect all access now.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question