Moving existing galleries to other galleries?

kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited January 11, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Pardon my ignorance....but how would I move one gallery under another gallery?...to sort of create a sub gallery linked off the main? For example, back when I used Pbase, I could have a gallery of photos and within THAT gallery have an image show up that was actually just a link to ANOTHER gallery under the one you were just in. Know what I mean? Just using the standard default themes and so on, with my power user account.

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2007
    kygarden wrote:
    Pardon my ignorance....but how would I move one gallery under another gallery?...to sort of create a sub gallery linked off the main? For example, back when I used Pbase, I could have a gallery of photos and within THAT gallery have an image show up that was actually just a link to ANOTHER gallery under the one you were just in. Know what I mean? Just using the standard default themes and so on, with my power user account.
    Too many levels. One thought is make the underlying gallery a private gallery
    and put a link in the gallery description of the upper one to it.

Make any sense?
    Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    Too many levels. One thought is make the underlying gallery a private gallery
    and put a link in the gallery description of the upper one to it.

Make any sense?
    Al

Hmmm...I'll look into that :)
  • PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2007
    kygarden wrote:

If you are a Power User or Pro, you should be able to do it via Javascript. It would similar to the scripts used for "vanity URLs" and "gallery redirects" (search dgrin for these). However, instead of searching for the URL of the vanity name or of the gallery, you would instead search for the URL that appears if you click on the photo (you'll probably have to force the gallery to appear in "smugmug" style).
    edited January 11, 2007
    PBolchover wrote:
    If you are a Power User or Pro, you should be able to do it via Javascript. It would similar to the scripts used for "vanity URLs" and "gallery redirects" (search dgrin for these). However, instead of searching for the URL of the vanity name or of the gallery, you would instead search for the URL that appears if you click on the photo (you'll probably have to force the gallery to appear in "smugmug" style).

I looked at your directions. While I could probably do that, I don't know if I have the time or will to do it. I was hoping for a simple "move this gallery to another gallery" button or something like that.

Can we make that a feature request maybe? I know a lot of people would use that. My main page is way too cluttered at the moment. I really need to move related items like camera gear and flower photos (for example) under one main page so I don't have 3 or more camera gear galleries right on the main page. Pretty please? :D
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2007
    Hi Guys,

You can not add an extra level of galleries under galleries, I'm sorry. The way our hierarchy works is as follows.

Homepage > Category > Sub-Category > Gallery

Important to know is that the Sub-Categories are optional, and the Galleries are the only things that can contain photos. I'm sorry, I wish I had a different answer for you. See also this page: http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-photo
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2007
    kygarden wrote:
    Can we make that a feature request maybe? I know a lot of people would use that. My main page is way too cluttered at the moment. I really need to move related items like camera gear and flower photos (for example) under one main page so I don't have 3 or more camera gear galleries right on the main page. Pretty please? :D
    Go to your homepage and click on 'categories' and watch the magic happen :D
    edited January 11, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    Go to your homepage and click on 'categories' and watch the magic happen :D

Ah ha! That's all I was really wanting to do :) Thanks