Player

kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited January 11, 2007 in Holy Macro
My MP3 player and some Ralph Lauren Silver. Still playing with my 60mm Nikon Micro lens :D

All handheld snapshots...spent less than 5 minutes on these....just picked up the stuff and snapped. I think I know what I've been missing now...GOOD GLASS! I'm in love with this lens. I need to force myself to quit buying less expensive/lesser quality lenses. This 60mm rocks.

122406868-L.jpg

122406913-L.jpg

122406893-L.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2007
    kygarden wrote:
    I need to force myself to quit buying less expensive/lesser quality lenses. This 60mm rocks.

I believe there is no known cure for this problem rolleyes1.gif
    I think it's called "Lens Lust" rolleyes1.gif well I went to the store and enquired about a lens yesterday too :D

Those three shots came out really nice .... thanks for sharing... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    I believe there is no known cure for this problem rolleyes1.gif
    I think it's called "Lens Lust" rolleyes1.gif well I went to the store and enquired about a lens yesterday too :D

Those three shots came out really nice .... thanks for sharing... Skippy

Thanks :) And they finally sprang for some descent coffee here at the office! clap.gif More 60mm photos...

122489085-M.jpg

122489086-L.jpg

Here's a $20 bill - full image and a 100% crop - tripod used.

122386089-M.jpg

122386100-M.jpg
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2007
    Great shots- lovely series. Nice thing about macro lenses is that they all seem to be excellent optically from the major manufacturers, just varying in AF speed/type (not that you should be using AF for macro shots).
    Is the Nikon 60mm similar to the canon - ie only fits APS-C cameras (1.6 crop) ?
    Brian V.
  • kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2007
    Is the Nikon 60mm similar to the canon - ie only fits APS-C cameras (1.6 crop) ?
    Brian V.

This lens is not for digital only cameras. I'm not an expert on all the lens specs...but this one is not one of Nikon's DX (digital only) lenses. So I assume that makes this 60mm lens a little longer on a digital body.

If the info I'm finding is correct, this lens was introduced back in 1993.

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2007
    very nice and clear photos loved perfume
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery