Which reading group to start 1st?

QuitaritaQuitarita Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
edited January 12, 2007 in Finishing School
Ok - I really want to really learn the way of the color correction warrior.

I have Scott Kelby's CS2 book for Digital Photographers which I love and I want to learn more.

I just got the LAB Color Book (but only read the intro) and also just ordered the Professional PS one.:D

Which one would you recommend I start with? I like the idea of reading along with everyone on Professional PS but don't know if I need a base of LAB first.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Duffy PrattDuffy Pratt Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2007
    Read the first half of the first five chapters of the LAB book first. (First half of the chapters only will be self explanatory when you get into the book.) Knowing this much will allow you to make extraordinary improvements on your pictures in very little time, and the basics in the first five chapters are pretty easy to assimilate.

Then, I recommend you try to catch up to the reading group on Professional Photoshop. The group is only on chapter 4 right now. Chapter 4 is a condensed version of the first 5 chapters of the LAB book. Chapter One is almost entirely conceptual, and chapter 2 is pretty easy, so it shouldn't be too hard to get up to speed with the group.

But, the most bang for your time and money comes from the first five chapters of the LAB book.

Duffy
  • QuitaritaQuitarita Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2007
    Read the first half of the first five chapters of the LAB book first. ....

Duffy

Thanks a lot of the direction, Duffy. I was going to try to catch up with the reading group first so I'm glad you posted something.

While my husband is watching the playoffs, I know what I'll be doing.... LAB first 5 chapters, here I come!

Go Bears!!!! (my husband is from Chicago)