Album Software

3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
edited January 12, 2007 in Finishing School
:scratch I'm currently using Lumapix FotoFusion.

Does anyone know any software that competes with them or anything better?

Comments

• cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2007
    headscratch.gif I'm currently using Lumapix FotoFusion.

Does anyone know any software that competes with them or anything better?

Competes:

Adobe Bridge (part of Photoshop CS2)
    Adobe Lightroom (beta)
    Photools iMatch
    Corel Photo Album
    Adobe Photosho Album (free) (also in Adobe Photoshop Elements)
    Apple iPhoto
    Picasa (free)

Now, which is better? That is really, really tough. You will have to decide yourself. Personally, I dont really care for any of them, but have found that having my album and my photo editing software share data is critical. Putting things in categories and ratings that RSE and Photoshop cant understand is useless to me. So I have been using Bridge for the most part, though I do not care for it. Lightroom will likely be my solution going forward.
  • 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2007
    hnmm Well I've looked at lightroom also. Though I find it more like a photo enhancement application it doesn't seem to do album pages like what I'm looking for. IMHO I though lightroom was too expensive for what it really offered. I seem to get the same capability from ACDSee which is only $40. Well I guess it all comes down to preference.

I like the way Fotofusion does frames on pages and I think it's a great program. I'm just fuming because I purchased the program in July for $300 and now they have a new version and they want me to spend another $150 for the upgrage. If I had waited until September to purchase then I would be elgible for a free upgrade. Heck if I would have known in July I would have just waited. It's setup like the phone company. Once they have you you aren't important to them. It's only the new people they have any interest for. Then they become not important soon after.

Oh well. I'm just venting because their admin ticked me off.

cmason wrote:
    Competes:

Adobe Bridge (part of Photoshop CS2)
    Adobe Lightroom (beta)
    Photools iMatch
    Corel Photo Album
    Adobe Photosho Album (free) (also in Adobe Photoshop Elements)
    Apple iPhoto
    Picasa (free)

Now, which is better? That is really, really tough. You will have to decide yourself. Personally, I dont really care for any of them, but have found that having my album and my photo editing software share data is critical. Putting things in categories and ratings that RSE and Photoshop cant understand is useless to me. So I have been using Bridge for the most part, though I do not care for it. Lightroom will likely be my solution going forward.
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2007
    Perhaps I misinterpreted album software. I gave you a list of products that do cataloging into 'virtual' albums. Most of these allow you to create 'print' albums, but that is not their primary purpose.

Sorry but I don't do that often so am not aware of print focused tools