Mosaic / Panoramic Shots?

jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
edited January 12, 2007 in Technique
Here is the goal: Using a 5x5 grid of 10x8 photos, create an abstract mosaic photo. This means overall the photo will be 5x10" by 5x8" or 50"x40" which means I will have to create a panoramic shot with both vertical and horizontal shifts. I am going to start pretty simple with a shot of my car on top of a parking garage at sunset or something.

My question is what is the best way to go about getting the shots? I think 2x2 panoramic shot should be enough, but maybe more.

Any ideas?

Comments

• douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2007
    I am also interested in doing this, maybe not quite so many shots though. I was thinking about doing something like 2 photos tall by 3 photos wide. The easiest way I can think of would be stitching them all together into one huge photo then slice them up in PS. But you get some crop during printing so that may present a problem. But then again if your putting them each in their own frame there is missing parts of the photo anyway which may compensate to some degree....hmm headscratch.gif What I think would be awesome is to do this with digital photo frames preferably atleast 8 by 10 in size, and build a custom wall for them. It would be cool to have a slide show with multiple photos popping up, transition effects like each piece of photo popping up with slightly different timing. This would be very expensive but I plan on doing it one day, at the moment though the only frames ive seen have way to wide frame around the actual displayed photo, so the space between the photos when placed flush together would be way too far apart to be really cool. Hopefully theyl come out with very thin frames. Sorry about the OT rant, just another idea.
    Best regards,
    douglas