It's been a while!

MyViewMyView Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
edited January 17, 2007 in People
Haven't had a chance to be around lately, it's amazing how the holidays seem to last a long time...

So I hope you don't mind me sharing some recent stuff...

I took this shot this morning of my daughter. Used a very vintage action and a color action in PS. Then just overlayed blah blah blah. I know it's not everyone's taste, but wanted to share anyway.
122736306-M.jpg122780994-M.jpg

These were taken at shoots just before Christmas
121183988-M.jpg

121180997-M.jpg

121978229-M.jpg

And this was taken when I was in Wyoming. This is the ranch owner getting the mules out to pull the sleigh around.
122343596-M.jpg

Thanks for letting me share. Comments and Critiques always appreciated.
Lissa
www.photosbylissa.com
www.photosbylissa.blogspot.com

Gear
Nikon D200
Nikon D70
Nikon N70
Nikkor 24-70 f2.8
Nikkor 50mm f1.8
Tamron 28-75 f2.8
Nikkor 18-70
Tamron 75-300
SB-600

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 13, 2007
    cute kids!-

1 and ok; not excited by the pink-

3 I like except I don't like not seeing the arm; not that you can't use black, but you can shoot black on black and differentiate-

4 is cute-

the feet is neat-

and the horse, of course!-
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2007
    Oh Lisa...the last one with the cowboy is great!!! Amazing shot. Thanks for sharing your series of pics...I think they look great!thumb.gif
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2007
    The last three do it for me, for different reasons:

3. The wonderful, bright eyes and the quietly happy smile.
    4. The feet - just because. Brings memories of summers long gone.
    5. This has a strong "old west" feel to it. Just wonderful

In the last, I would have liked to have seen the mule and ranch hand more to the left of the frame, but just a little bit. This is a truely wonderful image!
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2007
    feet photos is so nice and all are very nice too
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • MyViewMyView Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2007
    Thank-you all for you comments. I too love the horse image. Since it was brought to my attention about the location of the ranch owner and mule, I need to double check the original and make sure I didn't crop it, if I did, I will add more space. I agree is would look better with more open space to his side. Can't remembered if this was cropped down at all. This was also taken then
    122614011-M.jpg

The feet image was so tough to get because one of the boys refused to take his socks off. lol I am so anxious to shoot with this family again this summer. Three boys, who love the outdoors, ages 5 1/2, 3 1/2, & 1 1/2. So I am really looking forward to shooting a pic of the boys with just their jeans on rolled up and walking to the fishing pond with their poles. Or maybe the boys walking away from the water with their poles over their shoulders and a stringer of fish. Oh how I can't wait for summer shoots...

On the child in the hand image, I wish I would've just grabbed a lamp or something to add light behind the subject. I was shooting with natural light coming in thru the window and a black sheet drapped from a picture frame (I know, top dollar setup their... lol)

I know the bw's of my daughter with pink isn't for everyone. I printed them in 8x10's framed and matted them for her room with this one also
    123138705-M.jpg

I do love em. And I did this to send out to family/friends

122935190-M.jpg

Thanks for your comments and critiques, always appreciated....
    Lissa
    www.photosbylissa.com

Gear
    Nikon D200
    Nikon D70
    Nikon N70
    Nikkor 24-70 f2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f1.8
    Tamron 28-75 f2.8
    Nikkor 18-70
    Tamron 75-300
    SB-600
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2007
    MyView wrote:
    Thank-you all for you comments. I too love the horse image. Since it was brought to my attention about the location of the ranch owner and mule, I need to double check the original and make sure I didn't crop it, if I did, I will add more space. I agree is would look better with more open space to his side. Can't remembered if this was cropped down at all. This was also taken then
    122614011-M.jpg

The feet image was so tough to get because one of the boys refused to take his socks off. lol I am so anxious to shoot with this family again this summer. Three boys, who love the outdoors, ages 5 1/2, 3 1/2, & 1 1/2. So I am really looking forward to shooting a pic of the boys with just their jeans on rolled up and walking to the fishing pond with their poles. Or maybe the boys walking away from the water with their poles over their shoulders and a stringer of fish. Oh how I can't wait for summer shoots...

On the child in the hand image, I wish I would've just grabbed a lamp or something to add light behind the subject. I was shooting with natural light coming in thru the window and a black sheet drapped from a picture frame (I know, top dollar setup their... lol)

I know the bw's of my daughter with pink isn't for everyone. I printed them in 8x10's framed and matted them for her room with this one also
    123138705-M.jpg

I do love em. And I did this to send out to family/friends

122935190-M.jpg

Thanks for your comments and critiques, always appreciated....

You do beautiful work!!!thumb.gif
  • MyViewMyView Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Seneca - thank-you very much. I am continuously trying to work on getting better. Thanks for taking the time to look, greatly appreciated.
    Lissa
    www.photosbylissa.com

Gear
    Nikon D200
    Nikon D70
    Nikon N70
    Nikkor 24-70 f2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f1.8
    Tamron 28-75 f2.8
    Nikkor 18-70
    Tamron 75-300
    SB-600
  • OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Nice work with the kids, love the Wyoming shot most. You have a nice web site too, keep up the good work.
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com