sebmoursebmour Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
edited January 14, 2007 in People
122930089-M.jpg
122930056-M.jpg
122930017-M.jpg

Do you find this is a good conversion?
How do you do your conversion?

Thank you
Photography is the projection of my vision and mind.

http://sebmour.smugmug.com

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2007
    I find this an excellent conversion! It's wonderfully black and white...so contrasty and sharp! What did you use?
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2007
    Works for me...great conversion.thumb.gif

Although I must add that i would love to see the second pic in color...seems this subject has some rosey cheeks.
  • sebmoursebmour Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited January 13, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    I find this an excellent conversion! It's wonderfully black and white...so contrasty and sharp! What did you use?

I used channel mixer!
    I am also looking for more variation or ways of converting to black and white.
    Photography is the projection of my vision and mind.

http://sebmour.smugmug.com
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2007
    I like the tone of the second one but the crop is too tight and I like tight headshots. The missing chin is distracting.

Third is a nice profile and the conversion is OK but the blown out left side really pulls your eye away from the subject (assuming the gentleman is the subject). Burn it in or if necessary crop it out.

Finally the large script signature w/star needs to be reduced and put in the lower corner (if it is even needed at all).

On the question of method: I haven't settled on any one: Channel Mixer, hue/saturation layers, and channels in the past. Now I'm getting the hang of calculations. So many ways, so little time ne_nau.gif
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2007
    these b&w conversions are great! thumb.gif
    otherwise, the pictures are ok, but i have some gripes about them.
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2007
    Indeed these are very good. I use many methods and cannot say I'm particualry happy with any so far.