Options

Video Card

LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
edited January 12, 2005 in Digital Darkroom
Just curious if any of you guys with your digital dark rooms, have any preferences when it comes to video cards?

I am heavy into gaming and such, weighing out all options.

Keep in mind, i'm not rich like Andy or anything :-P , just looking for a good deal on something good.

Thanks in advance,

Steven
Wandering Through Life Photography
MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2005
    If you are heavily into gaming then you may well know more about vid cards than most of us on the board as if you are not reading about the latest vid card each week...you are left behind.

I just upgraded to a GeForce 5200 & it chokes at Doom III at 640 but playable...just.
  • Options
    LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    If you are heavily into gaming then you may well know more about vid cards than most of us on the board as if you are not reading about the latest vid card each week...you are left behind.

I just upgraded to a GeForce 5200 & it chokes at Doom III at 640 but playable...just.
    Very true. I've kind of been out of the "Hardware" world lately, so figured i would ask.

hmmmm
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,907 moderator
    edited January 11, 2005
    LiquidOps wrote:
    Very true. I've kind of been out of the "Hardware" world lately, so figured i would ask.

hmmmm
    New ATI cards are kicking some serious butt. Wait till next week and it will be
    the other way...

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    New ATI cards are kicking some serious butt. Wait till next week and it will be
    the other way...

Ian
    Husband of lynnma is an avid gamer Half Life, Halo (he hates doom, scares him) and we have Nividia GForce 5600 and it never hiccups..
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2005
    I am such a believer in NVidia Gforce cards. I have a 64mb MX400 and a 128mb 5200 and they're both still chuggin' along like pros. About 3 and 1 year old, respectively.
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF