Esp the MOD
Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 14, 2007
    so let me get this straight, you're selling a manual that you downloaded as a PDF, then printed and had bound? One thought comes to mind: :nono
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:
    so let me get this straight, you're selling a manual that you downloaded as a PDF, then printed and had bound? One thought comes to mind: :nono

NOOO!!
    I bought it that way...person had it professionally done.
    It's like an inch thick.
    Never heard that printing a PDF and binding it was a no no. ne_nau.gif
    Rather than just tossing it.

Don't tell me you wouldn't do the same!

• Options
    edited January 15, 2007
    NOOO!!
    I bought it that way...person had it professionally done.
    It's like an inch thick.
    Never heard that printing a PDF and binding it was a no no. ne_nau.gif
    Rather than just tossing it.

Don't tell me you wouldn't do the same!
    I don't care if the President of the USA bound it on 10" thick goldleaf for you and whether it was you or the guy before you. It did not come straight from Sony, therefore it is reproduced copyrighted material. I'm sorry you paid for it, but I can't allow you to "sell" it here.

Like I said before, there's nothing wrong with printing PDF's and I agree that throwing away lots of paper is a waste. However, you're missing the point, I told you it's fine to "pass it on/pay it forward".

I've changed your thread title.
    Erik

• Options
    edited January 16, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I don't care if the President of the USA bound it on 10" thick goldleaf for you and whether it was you or the guy before you. It did not come straight from Sony, therefore it is reproduced copyrighted material. I'm sorry you paid for it, but I can't allow you to "sell" it here.

Like I said before, there's nothing wrong with printing PDF's and I agree that throwing away lots of paper is a waste. However, you're missing the point, I told you it's fine to "pass it on/pay it forward".

I've changed your thread title.

You know what.....delete the thread!
    I'll throw the manual in the garbage!

You didn't TELL me anything.

Short of making this a big cat fight just delete the whole thread.

Thanx so much for your KINDNESS here at DG!

• Options
    StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    This is not right.
    DoctorIt wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Short-Course-Cyber-shot-DSC-F828-Photography/dp/1928873502

A Short Course in Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Photography (Book/eBook) (Spiral-bound)
    by Dennis Curtin
    stars-5-0.gif(1 customer review) List Price: $34.95 Price: $34.95 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details

Availability: In Stock. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

I had the same book. It was a very helpful addition to the crappy manual that Sony included with the camera.

I've seen plenty of used books sold in the Flea Market
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2007
    http://www.amazon.com/Short-Course-Cyber-shot-DSC-F828-Photography/dp/1928873502

A Short Course in Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Photography (Book/eBook) (Spiral-bound)
    by Dennis Curtin
    stars-5-0.gif(1 customer review) List Price: $34.95 Price: $34.95 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details

Availability: In Stock. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

I had the same book. It was a very helpful addition to the crappy manual that Sony included with the camera.

I've seen plenty of used books sold in the Flea Market

Yup that WAS it.....garbage man can read it now.

eBook....PDF same thing......

• Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    Yup that WAS it.....garbage man can read it now.

eBook....PDF same thing......

Nope - not the same thing. A very important difference that is responsible for the misunderstanding that took place in this thread.

The Mod, reading your original post, thought you had printed out the "more full" (PDF) version of the 828 manual, had it bound, and were selling it. He reacted (rightly) against this (incorrect) view of what you said.

If he had understood from the beginning that you had an 828 ebook written by so-and-so that you'd purchased from Amazon - he would have reacted differently.

Misunderstandings happen. Don't let this experience ruin your future contributions to the forums here.
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2007
    Pupator wrote:
    Nope - not the same thing. A very important difference that is responsible for the misunderstanding that took place in this thread.
    Thank you, Graphy needed to hear this from someone else since apparently I'm not getting my point across.

Graphy, I'm not deleting this thread because as I understood it until now, this was a highly NOT OK thing to do on the flea market here at dgrin.

Please get over it, and maybe before you start capitalizing, colorizing, and generally making a scene next time, you could send me a PM and clarify what the heck it is you're trying to say. OK? I'm just doing my job here, no need to make it personal, referring to my exact words and the "kindness" of dgrin.
    Erik

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Pupator wrote:

Misunderstandings happen. Don't let this experience ruin your future contributions to the forums here.
    Wise words!