want to search just MY smug account

DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
edited January 14, 2007 in SmugMug Support
this might be a very simple and silly question (I hope so). I tried looking for the answer, but using "search" as a keyword brings up just about every thread ever written.

I would like to be able to search just my own smugmug account, but in a slick way. I can do this using a specific google search (for example: "site:doctorit.smugmug.com egret"), but was hoping to maybe add a search box to my smug site to let other people not as google savvy (read: my family) perform the same function. I have the default smugmug search bar disabled because it searches all of smugmug. Can this be hacked to just search within my account?

If this exists, I just don't know how to do it. I couldn't find an "advanced search" or anything like that.

Might just be a case of sunday morning slowness.
thanks,
Erik
moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2007
    OK, so I had Ivar help me with this. I hope I get the details right.....

My search page, the search box, the link to keywords, the link to popular, they're all in my gallery description for an HTML only gallery.

Here's the part that's the search box:
    <!-- Site Keyword Search -->
    <form name="suggest" action="/keyword/jump.mg">
    <div id="keywordSearch">search</div>
    <input autocomplete="off" maxLength=256 size=25 name="Keyword" value=""  />
    <input type=submit value="keyword search" name="submitButton" class="buttons" />
    ******** src="/include/js/keywordsuggest.js"></********
    </form>
    <!-- End Site Keyword Search -->

I have no idea if that's all you need. I'll try to suss that out, but that code should be a place to start.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops