edited January 17, 2007 in Holy Macro
Built a light tent as described here and set up some shots:

123092589-L.jpg

123092310-L.jpg

123092457-L.jpg

Dirty background. I can see that cleanliness is critical:

123099627-L.jpg

123092342-L.jpg

Would appreciate some comments. You can see more in Flea Market as I am selling this stuff and had to set up the light tent to get better product photos.

Zanotti
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2007
    3rd and last are superb
    lens cap don't look good like that in 1st
    and light reflection of 2nd is too much

great results with new light tent
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2007
    Zanotti wrote:
    Built a light tent as described here and set up some shots:
    Dirty background. I can see that cleanliness is critical:
    Would appreciate some comments. You can see more in Flea Market as I am selling this stuff and had to set up the light tent to get better product photos.

Zanotti

Yep as you pointed out Dust is not your friend when your doing Macro.
    Also the background on Shot #4 shows up more marks, maybe it's actually in the material ???? ne_nau.gif

Your really doing well with your light tent Zanotti, I think you got your distance looking pretty good on the Second Shot, some of the other are too close, I'd like to see the whole thing in the shot, but this is just my opinion.

I'd like a light tent myself :D .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2007
    Light Tent
    I didnt buy a light tent - I built one! Really pretty easy:

123129345-L-1.jpg

I did find some GE 6500K spiral cool bulbs. Bought a couple reflectors or used desk lamps I had. Some paper to diffuse light ( the paper is a little too thick, I may move to cloth). The nice thing about these bulbs, is that the Color is correct with minimal WB changes and they do not emit heat - critical when working in such close quarters.

It's not pretty:

123190742-L.jpg
    But I am really pleased with the results.

Z

123129730-L.jpg

123129941-L.jpg

123193092-L.jpg
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2007
    Very cool set up you have there...!
    edited January 15, 2007
    It was really easy to do, doesnt take up much space, and the 6500K flourescent bulbs reduce the heat while making WB a snap.

Total cost less than $25!

Try it!
  • billyshobbybillyshobby Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited January 15, 2007
    Interesting, I think I'll give it a try soon. clap.gif

Oh, thanks for sharing.
  • jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    lovely setup! Flourescent lights is the way to go? I think I need to make a run to staples to get a few of these.
    edited January 16, 2007
    These are the ones I found. Daylight cast so no annoying yellow and no heat. This is with my crappy P&S, so the photo isnt as good, but you get the idea......

123654792-M-1.jpg
    z
    Bought them at Lowes for about $8 each....
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Neat setup and good shots- works well :)
    Brian V.
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Wow...
    Zanotti wrote:
    These are the ones I found. Daylight cast so no annoying yellow and no heat. This is with my crappy P&S, so the photo isnt as good, but you get the idea......

123654792-M-1.jpg
    z
    Bought them at Lowes for about $8 each....

That's pretty good! I'm off to get some bulbs! My halogen work lights get really hot. I once had a brand name of daylight cool flourescent work lights, but I never could find them, and the website didn't have them either! These will be more compact.

I'm glad to see a photo, since I'm such a visual person. I can print this out and take with me!