My Tak & Screw Collection

SCS_PhotoSCS_Photo Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
edited January 17, 2007 in Cameras
Largely thanks to Helddown: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,17640445

Do I qualify as disturbed yet? Because I just got a certificate saying as much: :deal

Comments

• HeldDownHeldDown Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2007
    lol! That stuff certainly looks familiar :) I actually had a little pang of regret seeing it!

Enjoy :D
    imageNATION
    SEEING THE WORLD IN A WHOLE NEW LIGHT...
    http://www.imag-e-nation.net
  • Duckys54Duckys54 Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2007
    I am very envious of you right now. BUut what a wonderful collection you have.iloveyou.gif
    I am Trevor and I have upgraded:
    Canon 40D
    Canon EF-S 17-85 IS

http://www.flickr.com/trevaftw
  • BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2007
    :) hehe, I love the toe in the bottom of the picture!

Ben
  • gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2007
    Takumars
    SCS_Photo wrote:
    Largely thanks to Helddown: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,17640445

Do I qualify as disturbed yet? Because I just got a certificate saying as much: deal.gif

A good collection-i have a few myself,including the 400/5.6-it isn't a monster though-rather slim and easy to handhold-got mine thru KEH in Atlanta.The 500mm/f4.5 is a monster though-thought about it and declined and will save up for a Canon 500mm/f4.0. My 200mm/f4.0 is very sharp and a delight to use and I am on the look out for a 135mm/2.5

If you are collecting as users then be careful as the Takumar wides aren't nearly as good as the telephotos ,and I am therefore looking for an Olympus-Zuiko 21mm/f3.5(bloody hard to find).

Google "Manual Focus Forum" for a collection of manual focus nutbags-be careful though!
    Latitude: 37° 52'South
    Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.
  • SCS_PhotoSCS_Photo Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    gtc wrote:
    A good collection-i have a few myself,including the 400/5.6-it isn't a monster though-rather slim and easy to handhold-got mine thru KEH in Atlanta.The 500mm/f4.5 is a monster though-thought about it and declined and will save up for a Canon 500mm/f4.0. My 200mm/f4.0 is very sharp and a delight to use and I am on the look out for a 135mm/2.5

If you are collecting as users then be careful as the Takumar wides aren't nearly as good as the telephotos ,and I am therefore looking for an Olympus-Zuiko 21mm/f3.5(bloody hard to find).

Google "Manual Focus Forum" for a collection of manual focus nutbags-be careful though!
    I've read a lot about zuikos... they have gotten some serious attention. How is flare/sharpness on your 400?

BTW, not that you can tell from this pic, but my toes are freakishly long. Thanks for lookingthumb.gifwink
  • gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    400mm smc takumar
    I haven't had a problem with flare,and stopped down a little it is sharp-pretty sharp wide open too,if you can call f5.6 wide open.It has quite a long built in metal shade.

It does suffer from CA when pointed at brightly lit leaves etc,but easily fixed in post and its not excessive in any case.

The only real downside,which I have been experiencing lately when trying close bird shooting,is the minimum focussing distance...wait for it.....28 feet! I don't know how far this can be reduced with extension tubes.

All in all its a beautiful lens-mine is smooth focussing and it has a lot of blades in the diaphragm,so the bokeh is nice and smooth.You can walk around with it attached to your camera and hanging from the strap,and can handhold easily.With Canon smooth high ISO processing it can be easily used off the tripod if you have to,but for ISO 100 /200 usually a tripod is needed.

It just fits into my Microtrekker 11,with camera attached .I bought mine from KEH in Atlanta for about $300US.A Canon 400/ 5.6 retails here for about $1700 AUD.My grey headed flying fox photos in the nature section were taken with the 400/5.6.
    Latitude: 37° 52'South
    Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.
  • Bob&GlennieBob&Glennie Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Man!!! This brings back memories for me. My first "good" 35mm was a Spotmatic and then I got a Fujica ST801 screw mount. Fabulous little camera, although some of the Fuji optics weren't that great. I still have my Super Tak 200/f4 and I'm now using it on an Olympus 4/3 system body with an Oly 1.4 converter. Great lens ... very sharp.

Love your collection ... drool

Bob
    See with your Heart