Some for the climbers on here

gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
edited January 16, 2007 in Sports
Had another go at climbing shots today but was a bit rushed because my girlfriend kept telling me she was cold. All with a bit of flash
C+C welcome

123096137-M.jpg

123096164-M.jpg

123096084-M.jpg

123096093-M.jpg

Comments

• Aaron BernardAaron Bernard Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2007
    Three and Four are cool! I try not to get to many butt shots when Im shooting climbers! lol. hard to do though if your not up in front of them.

thanks for posting the climbing shots!
  • mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2007
    I tend to agree, when I first started taking climbing photo's they were nothing but butt shots. You really need to go that bit extra and dangle yourself out over the edge above those climbing to get the facial expressions and fingers hard at work for the classic climbing shot IMHO.
    Nice shots all the same and its good to see different areas from around the world where other mad climbers are doing there thing!
    May I take your picture?
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2007
    FastScan wrote:
    Three and Four are cool! I try not to get to many butt shots when Im shooting climbers! lol. hard to do though if your not up in front of them.

thanks for posting the climbing shots!

Thanks Fastscan,the first 2 shots would have been very dangerous to go to the top not being a climber
    edited January 15, 2007
    mushy wrote:
    I tend to agree, when I first started taking climbing photo's they were nothing but butt shots. You really need to go that bit extra and dangle yourself out over the edge above those climbing to get the facial expressions and fingers hard at work for the classic climbing shot IMHO.
    Nice shots all the same and its good to see different areas from around the world where other mad climbers are doing there thing!

Thanks Mushy, i will be able to get to the top of most of the climbs i want to shoot, but not the first 2
  • mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2007
    gsgary wrote:
    Thanks Mushy, i will be able to get to the top of most of the climbs i want to shoot, but not the first 2

Well we definitely don't want to hear about any photogs falling off the top of a cliff somewhere trying to get the prefect angle!
    Ask the climbers (assuming you know them) to bring an abseil line and a spare harness so you can sit out over the side, it gives you the ability to capture alot of shots of the progress up a climb from a great angle. Just be prepared for a loss of blood to your legs if you sit too long !!eek7.gifeek7.gif
    May I take your picture?
    edited January 16, 2007
    mushy wrote:
    Well we definitely don't want to hear about any photogs falling off the top of a cliff somewhere trying to get the prefect angle!
    Ask the climbers (assuming you know them) to bring an abseil line and a spare harness so you can sit out over the side, it gives you the ability to capture alot of shots of the progress up a climb from a great angle. Just be prepared for a loss of blood to your legs if you sit too long !!eek7.gifeek7.gif

And some skid marks :D