Options

New Feature? Upload gallery for public

FuzzytekFuzzytek Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
edited January 15, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
This is a repost from a note at the bottom of a thread under a different subject. I'm wondering how many Pro customers would be interested in a password protected upload gallery... a spot for your customers to upload photos that you process in some manner.

New Feature ?? Customer Uploads
Please note this is concept...
  • Offer a new feature on customize gallery that permits uploads by the public. This would likely require a password to be placed on the gallery. SmugMug Pros would be able to market upload access to this gallery to customers who would pay a price for the password. It would be nice for this to be a separate password than viewing of the gallery. That permits a team of photographers to work on a project viewable by the public.
  • One of the customize features of the gallery is to default a stored watermark image on the photos uploaded. Pros can use the WATERMARKING photo option to add/remove/change the watermark used on any selected image in the gallery.
  • Another customize feature for galleries is PROOF DAYS. You can specify up to 7 business days notice on purchased photos from the gallery. This gives you time to replace the uploaded photo or change the stored watermark used. Considering the watermark may cover the edges of an image such as Michael's a border may be required on the underlying image to get the photo positioned properly beneath the watermark. (This is the current labor extensive work done by Michael.)
  • Decriptive upload note would be a text box which tells the uploader what dimensions of photo work and any border considerations to consider... such as placing a 200 pixel black border around their photo.
    • Perhaps bordering could be an option on the upload tool.
    • Even better, permit the uploader to float the underlying image beneath the watermark to frame it best. I'm thinking of how CROP PHOTO works, but on a larger canvas floating the image. If the uploader could see a scaled down image for the watermark of the gallery it would serve as a nice guide.
Yes I have a project that would benefit from this greatly... The Abandoned In Detroit fashion showcase project. Select photographers are contributing and the images would be shared to the public.
Stephen Boyle - Fuzzytek Photography, LLC
Capturing and creating fashion, film, festivals around Detroit
Wordpress-ed Fuzzytek

Uploadable galleries sound like... 4 votes

Something I've been waiting for
50%
RoberthSoul Gaze Photography 2 votes
Hadn't thought of it but like the idea
50%
Fuzzytekjerryr 2 votes
I'm neutral on this
0%
Don't like the idea at all
0%

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 15, 2007
    Fuzzytek wrote:
    • Another customize feature for galleries is PROOF DAYS. You can specify up to 7 business days notice on purchased photos from the gallery. This gives you time to replace the uploaded photo or change the stored watermark used. Considering the watermark may cover the edges of an image such as Michael's a border may be required on the underlying image to get the photo positioned properly beneath the watermark. (This is the current labor extensive work done by Michael.)
    umm, this feature has existed in pro accounts for at least 3 months headscratch.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif, as has this if i'm not mis-understanding you:
    Fuzzytek wrote:
    One of the customize features of the gallery is to default a stored watermark image on the photos uploaded. Pros can use the WATERMARKING photo option to add/remove/change the watermark used on any selected image in the gallery.
    fuzzytek wrote:
    ... a spot for your customers to upload photos that you process in some manner.
    Would email uploading work for you?