Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2005
    "Bobcat"
    1st attempt at a triptych.

14014865-M.jpg

Comments?
    I really like the idea but for me the bobcat is overwhelmed by the green frame. I would work on pulling out the cat (he's hard to see) and reframe with something less distracting. Where did you see him by the way? lucky you.
  • Options
    Michael AllenMichael Allen Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2005
    He was in a local nature area, nothing to exciting but once he finally got cleared of the brush he took off. I was thinking the green frame wood help with the cover, maybe not. I'm no ps pro but I'll see what I can do about pulling him out some more. Thanx Lynn
    -Mike
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2005
    How's this? Does changing the frame help?

14019535-M.jpg
    -Mike
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2005
    How's this? Does changing the frame help?

14019535-M.jpg
    Much better choice of frame Michael. The cat is still pretty tough to see though. See if you can brighten up the cat a bit. I think it will help him/her stand out more.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2005
    "Bobcat"
    1st attempt at a triptych.

14014865-M.jpg

Comments?
    I like the idea, and the layout, but the darn thing is just so small on my monitor I can't see enough of the photos to comment. I don't think your there yet, but it seems to have potential.

Sam
  • Options
    landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2005
    I like the idea, but I had to search to see what he pics were of. After you bring out the cat some, maybe desaturate the greens a little...maybe they won't be as predominate then. I dunno...ne_nau.gif

How cool to be somewhere that you can capture such a thing on film (or memory card)!
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2005
    I dulled the greens and brightened up the cat until I started losing what detail there was. Better?

14054368-M.jpg
    -Mike
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2005
    I dulled the greens and brightened up the cat until I started losing what detail there was. Better?

14054368-M.jpg
    I think that's a lot better. I also like that you swapped the outside frames so the attention is drawn to the middle. I guess I'm a little OCD with little details like that.

Laurie

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2005
    Thanks Laurie. I was afraid the frame was too much but it just didn't seem right without.
    -Mike
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2005
    re bob cat
    He is a cutie, I can see why you want to show him off. If I got me a bobcat, I would find a way to use it, too.

I do like the frame! I can see it on my non calibrated monitor, so if you all can't, and I have seen monitors that wouldn't, it would help to turn it up. I turned up my daughter's monitor at Christmas. At first I thought something terrible was happening to the detail in my pictures. It was her monitor. Mine is not as bright as some.

I would have no clue as to how to do that frame.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited January 12, 2005

14054368-M.jpg
    Michael, I still think that the first and third pics look too messy because of the foliage....headscratch.gif... hey, how about converting to B/W or Sepia to see if that confusing effect diminishes?

Roger
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2005
    Roger wrote:
    Michael, I still think that the first and third pics look too messy because of the foliage....headscratch.gif... hey, how about converting to B/W or Sepia to see if that confusing effect diminishes?

Roger
    I'll have to give that a try, I might go back this weekend and see if I can get him to pose somewhere better. I like the idea, I'd hate to abondon him. I need more lens! (the sickness is worsening)
    -Mike
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2005
    You know, I just assumed the first and third photos were for "framing" of the bobcat in the middle.

I just now, after looking many times, saw the bobcat in the end frames! That might tell someone something. It was quite exciting, actually, like those childish games of how many people can you find in this picture.

I like the whole effect. But it just really doesn't work with the bobcat. That is the way of many things in nature. They are camouflaged for their protection.
    It you could somehow get the bobcat to pose so that you could extract him.

Or, if you could take everything around the bobcat, change it to black and white, then lighten it so that it pales next to the bobcat. Somehow you have to defeat nature and make the bobcat stand out.

IMO,

ginger (How to nature photographers usually show bobcats? Are they framed against the sky?)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2005
    Creekside- 2nd attempt
    This Idea came to me today. I don't know if it fits the definition of tryptych for sure. Any thoughts?

14375563-M.jpg
    -Mike
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2005
    This Idea came to me today. I don't know if it fits the definition of tryptych for sure. Any thoughts?

14375563-M.jpg
    This is a unique idea. I like it a lot! Very cool!!! thumb.gif

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    JennyJenny Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2005
    I love the new idea! Like Ginger, my monitor is older and has a darker resolution. I had a very hard time trying to see the bobcat, but the scenery shots are just beautiful!clap.gif I love how they flow into one another, Great job! That said, I don't know if it fits the definition of a tryptych either headscratch.gif . But it is lovely!
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2005
    Jenny wrote:
    I love the new idea! Like Ginger, my monitor is older and has a darker resolution. I had a very hard time trying to see the bobcat, but the scenery shots are just beautiful!clap.gif I love how they flow into one another, Great job! That said, I don't know if it fits the definition of a tryptych either headscratch.gif . But it is lovely!
    Thanks for the kind words Jenny, I thought it was worth a try in the contest. I liked the idea and if its not a triptych it might be a challenge idea itself?
    -Mike