Lynda.com & NAPP

DifferentSeedDifferentSeed Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
edited January 16, 2007 in Finishing School
Hi,

Not sure this is the right place for this but...

Does anyone have any experience with Lynda.com as a subscriber? I am thinking of joining (finally) but thought I'd ask fellow dgrinners. After watching a few sample videos I think it's likely the best deal out there for what I am looking to advance skillsets in (Photoshop, Illustrator). Is it worth the $250? Are the example files worth the extra money to become a premium subscriber? Does anyone have a discount code? :D

Also, is NAPP worthwhile and does anyone have a discount/promo code for that? :)

Danke!

- Kim
Make a small loan, Make a big difference. Find out how at http://www.kiva.org

Comments

• 03FatBoy03FatBoy Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited January 15, 2007
    Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with Lynda.com as a subscriber? I am thinking of joining (finally) but thought I'd ask fellow dgrinners. After watching a few sample videos I think it's likely the best deal out there for what I am looking to advance skillsets in (Photoshop, Illustrator). Is it worth the $250? Are the example files worth the extra money to become a premium subscriber?

I have cds/dvds for many of the them like GoLive, Flash, and 4 of the lessons for Photoshop CS2. For me, learning this way is much better than learning out of a book. I really love the lynda.com lessons. You are able to follow along and do as they are teaching you. It does help to have the excersize files that they use so you can all work on the same things. You could however use your own photos to test out what was just in the lesson.

I give lynda.com a thumb.gif
    Jamie Ward - working on my dad's website
    www.charlesawardphotography.com
    cward.smugmug.com
  • Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2007
    You can subscribe for the online libary for 25$/Month,
    maybe thats a good way to find out if you want to
    become a premium subscriber if you haven't seen
    any of their movies yet.

http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/free.asp
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
  • rdegrordegro Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    I bought my first DVD from them and Deke McClelland really gets with it! I would not hesitate to buy more. The only thing I'm not happy with is navigating around. It's in Quicktime, I prefer WMP and full screen but that's OK. It is easy to follow and it get's the job done. I don't know if I'd subscribe as I onlly need what's on this DVD for now.
    Rene

To be heard you must be seen!