Trying to catch a 2.5 Year Old.

OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
edited January 17, 2007 in People
My grandson came over and was chasing his dad around the front yard, was mid afternoon so the light was good. I'm posting the two best ones, taken with the Nikon D70s and Sigma 70-300. A little PS work to add to the images. Hope you like them. C&C's welcome.

123016195-L.jpg

123418528-L.jpg
Have a great day!
Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• chuliumchulium Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited January 15, 2007
    Beautiful DOF, and his face really makes the picture great, though. The innocence of childhood.... thumb.gif
    View my Flickr Photostream :: Read my Flickr Profile

Camera & Accessories: Pentax *istDL, IR/Wire Remote, Analog Light Reader, Cleaning things
    Lenses: Pentax 18-55mm, Tamron 70-300mm
    Software: Adobe Lightroom Beta 4, Picasa 2

** All my photos are (c) copyrighted and protected under a Creative Commons
    Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs license. Do not use without my permission, period! **
  • kreskres Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    Most excellent - You went just far enough with the softening too. Much more woulda been over kill - good discipline. thumb.gif
    --Kres
  • OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    kres wrote:
    Most excellent - You went just far enough with the softening too. Much more woulda been over kill - good discipline. thumb.gif

Thanks for the comments, he really is a charmer! I like a touch of selected softness and agree it is usually overdone. I also use the erasure tool to eliminate the Gaussian blur from the eyes, front of his hair and other spots to keep the sharpness where it is needed. Thanks again.
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    What a beautiful little boy...those blue eyes are captivating. Reminds me of my son at this age...he was intrigued with a baseball glove and ball...he's now a teenager playing high school baseball...and still loves it.

Looks like you'll be his number one fan when your grandson starts playing! clap.gif

Now for the shot...I love the softness and tenderness of it. Great job grandpa!thumb.gif
  • 11photographs11photographs Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    what an angel angel.gif
  • MyViewMyView Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Fantastic images. Love the softness too. I agree on the erasing the eyes and so on, adds that extra pop to the image. Great job! What a handsome little guy too!!!!
    Lissa
    www.photosbylissa.com
    www.photosbylissa.blogspot.com

Gear
    Nikon D200
    Nikon D70
    Nikon N70
    Nikkor 24-70 f2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f1.8
    Tamron 28-75 f2.8
    Nikkor 18-70
    Tamron 75-300
    SB-600
  • OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Thanks again for your kind comments, I've been working on developing my "style", with portraits and scenics and I do believe it is gettting there. It takes time to find a way to present ones work that makes it have that little something extra special look to it.
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA