Cheese or too cheesy??

anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
edited January 19, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
First time ever messing with food. Let me know your thoughts on these.
123471746-L.jpg
2.Same as 1 but different crop
123471697-L.jpg
123471733-L.jpg

Thanks-
"The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion

Comments

• TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    Cheese - it's the only substance known to man that can make broccoli palatable. :D
  • LilleGLilleG Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    I like the 3rd shot best. Everything is as sharp and crisp as cheese can get. :D
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    Really good idea, but someone overcooked the broccoli!! rolleyes1.gifSeriously, though, If you don't cook it so much you will get a greener veggie to contrast with the cheese. I like the second and third versions best. All three look to me as though they could be brightened, though. In the third one it appears that a bit of the plate is showing. It the plate is white you can use that to help with adjustments in curves and/or levels. Also, as I'm thinking about it, it occurs to me that one brocolli "tree" with some cheese on it might be a better "artistic" subject than a plate full.

Good luck in the challenge!

Virginia

Email
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    Flyinggina wrote:
    Really good idea, but someone overcooked the broccoli!! rolleyes1.gifSeriously, though, If you don't cook it so much you will get a greener veggie to contrast with the cheese. I like the second and third versions best. All three look to me as though they could be brightened, though. In the third one it appears that a bit of the plate is showing. It the plate is white you can use that to help with adjustments in curves and/or levels. Also, as I'm thinking about it, it occurs to me that one brocolli "tree" with some cheese on it might be a better "artistic" subject than a plate full.

Good luck in the challenge!

Virginia

Thanks Virginia-
    Over cooked is the only way my little one will eat it. It is funny that it wasn't until we were about to eat that I said "wait let me get the camera!"
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • JeroenJeroen Registered Users Posts: 447 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    TomaS wrote:
    Cheese - it's the only substance known to man that can make broccoli palatable. :D
    I disagree: sweet chili sauce is... Laughing.gif

This cheese looks a bit too dark and artificial IMO but maybe that's the correct colour for this type of cheese.
  • SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    Looks yummy......I like the layout of #3.
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2007
    Jeroen wrote:
    I disagree: sweet chili sauce is... Laughing.gif

This cheese looks a bit too dark and artificial IMO but maybe that's the correct colour for this type of cheese.

Hmm love broccoli as it is. To my mind putting cheese on it is a sin!! lol
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai