Went 4 wheeling- well sort of

anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
edited January 19, 2007 in Holy Macro
No real 4x4 anymore so all I have is these toys. Nylint rockcrawlers are not high end rc's but for a father and son they are still a lot of fun.

One of the 1/6th scale Wranglers
123471643-M.jpg

123472425-M.jpg

The slightly modified and very abused 1/18th
123471536-M.jpg

123472270-M.jpg
Suffered a little body damage
123472208-M.jpg

Cheers!!
"The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion

Comments

• RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    These are very, very cool. The first and last shots have the appearance of actual Wranglers. thumb.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    Wow at 1st i thought it is real 4x4 great photos loved them
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    No real 4x4 anymore so all I have is these toys. Nylint rockcrawlers are not high end rc's but for a father and son they are still a lot of fun.
    One of the 1/6th scale Wranglers
    The slightly modified and very abused 1/18th
    Suffered a little body damage
    Cheers!!

Wow they look very realistic clap.gif nice choice to do on-location type shots, it adds to that Life Like Look ....... great series thumb.gif ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    headscratch.gif Ok I'll admit it...when I first opened this thread...it almost looked real to me.

I was "wow how did he get that..." it was then that I said "got me".

rolleyes1.gif
  • jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    haha, nice shots! The last one is fully of creamy goodness! wings.gif
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Wow I didn't expect so many possitive comments. I figured some one was going to criticize me for taking pictures of toys.

These little things are actually pretty fun and you have to drive them like a real 4x4- put the tires to the rocks and go real slow! They can be found at Walmart and are not that expensive. We have two of the big ones- well one is currently broken but the company is sending a free replacement this week, and three little ones. There is an entire forum like dgrin dedicated to customizing remote controls to be rock crawlers, some pretty amazing stuff on there too.

These are also good for keeping the little one busy while I am taking pictures! mwink.gif

Thanks!

Aaron Newman

• TylerWTylerW Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    These little things are actually pretty fun and you have to drive them like a real 4x4- put the tires to the rocks and go real slow!
    Does this mean you have to tow the H2 RC cars out of a ditch after they've snapped a tie-rod? rolleyes1.gif

Great shots! #1 and #3 are fantastic!
    http://www.tylerwinegarner.com

Canon 40d | Canon 17-40 f/4L | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 70-200mm f/4 L
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2007
    [SIZE=-1]Am I missing something? Are'nt those real?
    Just kiddingrolleyes1.gif
    Well done. clap.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • nlattonlatto Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited January 19, 2007
    Those are cool shots. my son and I both have one of these Nylint crawlers. I have been wanting to do a shoot like this to try and make them look real. I want to do it at Telico though. Going there at the end of Feb. Ii will try it then. Thanks.

PS what is the site you mentioned that is dedicated to these? I also have a broken piece, was it easy to get a replacement?
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2007
    nlatto wrote:
    Those are cool shots. my son and I both have one of these Nylint crawlers. I have been wanting to do a shoot like this to try and make them look real. I want to do it at Telico though. Going there at the end of Feb. Ii will try it then. Thanks.

PS what is the site you mentioned that is dedicated to these? I also have a broken piece, was it easy to get a replacement?

The site is rccrawler.com. I have provided the link to the nylint section which there is a general area and an area for each size.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Depending on what you broke will determine if it replaceable or not. There are threads on how to fix or make parts that break.

My Break:
    On one of the large ones the front hub assembly split so the ball and pin at the end of the drive axle came out causing the jeep to wobble. I e-mailed nylint customer service and a replacement chassis has been shipped out.

Nylint customer service

What size do you have? Start looking through the nylint forum and check out all the customizing people are doing- 4 wheel steering, bigger wheels, winches, different bodies. Some people really take this rc stuff serious!

My yellow one has the following mods: Tires reversed, BB's added into tires for weight, full body paint (was originally orange), springs removed from shocks, working headlights and taillights, custom front bumper (hand pounded) w/ working lights. I think that is it.

I look forward to seeing some of your pics. How about a "show us your nylint thread" ??

Aaron Newman